View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2005, 09:33 AM
"Why should the White Boxer be classed as the poor relation and have the stigma of not being allowed to be shown or registered."
(Quote from Rosievelvet in the other thread)

I believe Archer was simply pointing out that the registration status of the white Boxer, and its eligability to be shown, should have been researched prior to the above being posted?

That is, thw whites can be KC registered if the breeder so wishes. If a dog is KC registered it is eligable to be shown under KC regulations. So - you can take your registered white Boxer into the ring, but it will be dismissed as it does not meet the Breed Standard.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I know it's not about boxers...but if any litter of any breed has pups, and the dam & sire are KC registered, the pups can be too, regardless of colour/size etc.
Teagan has white on her chest, which isn't desirable in the show ring.
Some dogs grow too tall, or not tall enough to be shown, but this doesn't stop them from being registered.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

24-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Perfectly correct Hevvur. Not all pups, even from long lines of champions, turn out to be show potential.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2005, 10:45 AM
I think your missing the point. If they were registared, recognised and not fround upon, then breeders would have no exuse to put them down at birth. Through recognition that will change.
Yes they can be shown but not placed as I have said before so what is the point? To be honest I have been to shows and I wouldn't want to enter that world. Again there ais good and bad EVERY WHERE. Most people I know with white boxers want the culling stopped and this is one of the first steps.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by jacquie
CBT is it not true that your white is infact not yours and you are looking for a home for it?? Just checking I may have you confused with someone else
No your are incorrect,

The white dog called Diesel is mine and is chipped and registered in my name.
I have had her for some time now and have been building her up as when I first got her she was in a bad state, very underweight and she had a skin problem, certain foods made her come out in a rash. I got her onto a food that suited her, wormed her etc and contacted boxer welfare (Lorraine) to ask if she knew of anyone who might be able to take on a white boxer with a few "issues"
I had been advised by the vet to have her put down due to aggression (she has never shown any towards me I hasten to add) and the owner of the sire also agreed with my vet, but I believe there might be the right home out there for her and thats why Id like to give her a chance.
She is not happy in kennels at all and I would like to get a home for her in a one-on-one situation with someone whos experienced with boxers, and who has no other pets or children.
Now Im not sure who told you she is not my dog, because she most definately is, and will remain in my name until I have found a suitable home for her, and if that takes another 6 months of work or a year or whatever, she will stay here until I think the time is right.
When I rehome her, a donation will be given to boxer welfare, as a good will gesture on my part since I would like to be able to help out more but am limited in what I can do.

In future if you have anything you want to say to me, or about me, or any questions regarding me or any of my dogs I suggest you PM me - thankyou.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by jacquie
I think your missing the point. If they were registared, recognised and not fround upon, then breeders would have no exuse to put them down at birth. Through recognition that will change.
Yes they can be shown but not placed as I have said before so what is the point? To be honest I have been to shows and I wouldn't want to enter that world. Again there ais good and bad EVERY WHERE. Most people I know with white boxers want the culling stopped and this is one of the first steps.
white boxers are recognised and registered and just because they are not placed in a show ring does not mean they are frowned upon! They are outside the breed standard and hence unplaced the same as a dog who is, for example too big,only has one testicle or has a mouth fault....should we start a registry for all these aswell?
The chances of you getting the breed standard changed(which is what it would take to achieve what you require) are zero...how long do you think the 'white GSD' enthusiasts have been trying?
The only thing you will achieve by setting up a seperate registry is to make some people believe it is ok to breed from them,to make others think they are a seperate breed and to eventually ruin the breed type of the white boxer which will be bred (maybe not by all by definately by some) solely for colour regardless of anything else.If you doubt this then look at pictures of white GSD...most now are so far removed from a good example of the breed its untrue.(and before anyone starts I have nothing against white GSD)
Unfortunately although you may have the ggod of the white boxers at heart there are far too many idiots out there willl use any means in order to make money.
I cannot see why you cannot enjoy your boxer for what it is...a nice pet! What does it matter what others think? You will not stop the culling of whites by some people by any of your actions because that is what they believe.Your purpose would be far better served by setting up a register for people who are looking for white boxers and contacting breeders telling them you have a waiting list for unregistered pedigree boxers in the hope that they will not cull with the knowledge that a home is waiting.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree with archer.

jaquie I have just sent you a PM requesting that if you have something to say about me I would prefer it to be based on FACT and said to me in person rather than keep making little "digs" at me on the forum such as "your" boxer whatever that is supposed to mean .

This is a nice friendly place, and I am not going to be drawn into bitching which lowers the tone of the place, if you have something to say you can say it to me in PM from now on!
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

24-01-2005, 11:41 PM
First and formost my dogs are all companions, pets and very much loved. My dogs have never been bred, even when I showed [all over the country].

I dont agree that starting up a White Boxer Club/Society will have a detrimental effect on the dog. No matter who they are if someone has a white boxer and they want to breed from it, they will. Anymore than someone who has a dog [of any breed] who is badly overshot, has bad HD or any other "fault" where it shouldnt be bred from, if they want to breed they will.

I still think starting up a Club for White Boxer owners is a good idea. Getting a group together to discuss and talk about their dogs and what can be achieved is not a bad thing.

Incidently there is a site for white boxers where you can get your white boxer registered already! Im surprised no-one else knows about it. I came across it on another forum [for Boxers].

In the UK there is an annual event called "Scrufts" which is mainly for mixed breed dogs, ive never been so I dont know if purebreeds such as the white boxer can enter. I think this is a marvellous idea.
A white Boxer club with sub clubs across the Uk could organise their own dog shows for white boxers.

There used to be a White Boxer Club in the UK - does anyone know if it still exists?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

25-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Rosievelvet
I dont agree that starting up a White Boxer Club/Society will have a detrimental effect on the dog.
No-one has said that a CLUB would have a detrimental effect. What HAS been said is that a separate, unofficial & unrecognized, REGISTRY is highly likely to have an adverse effect on the breed, and that it is superfluous given that whites can be KC registered anyway.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Rosievelvet

I still think starting up a Club for White Boxer owners is a good idea. Getting a group together to discuss and talk about their dogs and what can be achieved is not a bad thing.

Incidently there is a site for white boxers where you can get your white boxer registered already! Im surprised no-one else knows about it. I came across it on another forum [for Boxers].

In the UK there is an annual event called "Scrufts" which is mainly for mixed breed dogs, ive never been so I dont know if purebreeds such as the white boxer can enter. I think this is a marvellous idea.
A white Boxer club with sub clubs across the Uk could organise their own dog shows for white boxers.
So if theres already a registry for white boxers then why do you need another?
So that makes 2 reigistries who will and do register white boxers...the one you mention and the KC.Some breeders CHOOSE not to register their white puppies because that is their preference so what purpose would another new registry serve?
To encourage these breeders who don't WANT to register their whites to register?Why would they want to register with an 'alternative' register if they don't want to register with the KC?
Or maybe you want owners to 'duel' register...why????
Or maybe you want boxers that are not eligible for KC registration to register?
Can you tell me how you are intending to govern the registry?How are you going to substantiate the requests to register a dog?If I submit a form filled in to say that my white boxer 'Snowy' is sired by Jack ,out of Jill how do you know its true...in fact how do you know Snowy Jack and Jill are even boxers,....let alone pedigree?
How do you know if someone tries to register a litter of x bred white pups as boxers with your club so they can get more money by seling them as pedigrees with papers?
Or are you just going to fill out the papers and issue them regardless?In that case these people may as well use one of the other 'alternative' registrations that are now being invented that aren't worth the paper they're written on !
I think the idea of a club is great! The setting up of a group of like minded people would be fun and its always good to talk to people with the same thoughts/ideas.....I just can't see the logic behind anotherregistry when it is CHOICE nothing else that is stopping these dogs being registered and that is never going to change
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »