View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I am right in thinking that they are not allowed to be sold over here in the UK right?

I am open to a lot of training methods, some old, some new, but the use of electricity does seem wrong to me

I dont want to open another Caesar thread on this one - but did anyone see the episode where he used one on an australian cattle dog?
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm also for a TOTAL ban.

When I first got Buzz, I went to my vet, who has a shop attached and asked if they had crates... They said they were illegal here in Queensland, and then recommended a shock collar!

I have used this vet for years, but changed to another one further away after this. I no longer support his shop either.

Cheers
Lene
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
I am right in thinking that they are not allowed to be sold over here in the UK right?
They are allowed at the moment, hence this thread talking about a ban on them.

I don't agree with them at all and never will, although I wonder how many people are aware that Electric shock treatment still happens to humans in this Country !
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I believe that the only way to train a dog is through love and care. These collars are going to drive a wedge between dog and owner(carer). I have mostly had dogs who have been badly treated by previous owners, and so see the 'baggage that comes with them. A dog needs stability and not to be trained through fear. This collar sounds so horrific that it should be banned permanently, and totally.
Annex

totaally right!
shock collars are inhumane and force the animal to comply by inducing pain! to me its a form of animal abuse. if anyone i knew used one on a dog, they would never hear a nice word from my mouth again. there are plenty of good, safe training methods out there- TLC and the right attitude = a good dog!

( by the way sorry about bringing up a old thread i was just peeking lol)
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Ban them. They can do too much harm.
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Absolutely BAN them...its barbaric!! Why anyone would even consider using these things I dont know I think they are appauling, and cant beleive they are not banned already.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Ban them, and while we're at it ban prong collars too... I've noticed a few of them sneaking on to the field recently and just can't see a place for them!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 07:56 PM
ban them! i don't agree with them under any circumstances.

oh unless you put them on the owner instead.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2009, 08:05 PM
yes, ban them, they are barbaric, and no excuse for the use of them
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 10:00 AM
ban them

no way should the gp be able to get their hands on a tool that can make the dogs 100 times worse and has been proven to csuse an increase in stress in dogs being taken back into the room they were zapped in weeks ago
even IF i thought there was a need for behaviourists to ever use them, which i dont, and seeing as the apdt's bans their members from training with adsvesives at all
there are no minimum qualifications to be a behaviourist so anyone can do it
also vets are not behaviourists either and shouldnt be offering training advice like that
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >