View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 06:49 PM
OMG, poor sweet Milly angel, sleep with the angels, little darling She reminds me of my dear old Holly. Brought it all flooding back when I lost her (at least it was to old age and not some vicious beast)!

You must be terribly shaken up and as for your friend, my heart goes out to her. This sort of thing is my fear, that a powerful dog attacks my little babes. I've always found Staffs so lovely with my little ones but I will keep a careful eye in the future (not that I'd tar all Staffs with the same brush as this devil that killed poor Milly). Seems like there was no good reason for this dog to attack. What a bl@@dy danger, a beast like that on the streets
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:59 PM
How very tragic that this happened and you must be sp shaken up. Run free MIlly.

I do feel however that I must defend this "vicious beast" its not the dogs fault really, its the owners, and in fairness the dog had it done the same to a larger breed wouldnt have killed it, and yes thats not an excuse but I dont think its fair to make out its a rampaging killer dog when it clearly wasnt if it wasnt attacking straight away.

Totally not an excuse and I am in no way defending the owner of the dog as they certainly shouldnt have let a dog they have had for a week offlead to get into this situation.

BUT I would like to address that they do not have LOCKING JAWS its a myth, and I dont believe this dog should lose its life without fair temperament test, as otherwise Bruno would have been at risk of PTS too.

I know this isnt going to be a popular opinion, but I have to defend my breed - NOT the owner but the breed, and also because my dog is dog aggressive I would hate to think that he is labelled in the same manner ....as a vicious beast
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
How very tragic that this happened and you must be sp shaken up. Run free MIlly.

I do feel however that I must defend this "vicious beast" its not the dogs fault really, its the owners, and in fairness the dog had it done the same to a larger breed wouldnt have killed it, and yes thats not an excuse but I dont think its fair to make out its a rampaging killer dog when it clearly wasnt if it wasnt attacking straight away.

Totally not an excuse and I am in no way defending the owner of the dog as they certainly shouldnt have let a dog they have had for a week offlead to get into this situation.

BUT I would like to address that they do not have LOCKING JAWS its a myth, and I dont believe this dog should lose its life without fair temperament test, as otherwise Bruno would have been at risk of PTS too.

I know this isnt going to be a popular opinion, but I have to defend my breed - NOT the owner but the breed, and also because my dog is dog aggressive I would hate to think that he is labelled in the same manner ....as a vicious beast
As you say Dani, you are a responsible owner. Aparantly they had only had this dog a week and had a young girl walking it. I dont blame the breed, although I am wary of them, because of what happened to Poppy.
You know your dog, they clearly didn't hun
Elaine xxx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:26 PM
I have to say, i would like to second your post Dani

Both my girls have been attacked by staffys........BUT i know so many that are the sweetest babes ever with other dogs including my Skye who shows her teeth if she feels nervous around other dogs

Jann
xx
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Absolutely tragic incident-my thoughts are with you and your friend x
IHG
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-05-2009, 08:37 PM
So sorry to hear this news. Hope you all pull through.

Just for info though 'Lock-Jaw' is a myth, it doesn't exist in dogs with the exception of a medical condition called Tetanus that is caused by the Clostridium Teani bacteria. It is not very common in dogs however.

It is physically impossible for the jaw of any canine to lock.

>>CLICKY<<

Best wishes to your friend.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I am so so sorry to read this.

Firstly I would like to send our deepest sympathy to your friend for her lost and to say RIP darling Milly, those at Rainbow bridge will look after you now.

To you Val, (having owned a SBT) I doubt you could of done anything love other than what you did, unfortunately although they do not have ''lock jaw'' thier jaws are powerful and once they have a hold the muscles in the jaws are like powerful clamps.

We have had a cat attacked by one....luckily he survived, but with no wounds on the outside they found when he was opened up that the power of the jaws alone with the shake had ruptured his stomach, and Skye our middle BC was attacked by a SBT x mastiff, which torn straight threw her back leg.

Hopefully Milly didn't suffer to long, I am so so sorry for you and your friend to have to go through all that.

Sad
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post

I'm with you. Deed not breed people. Never was a truer word spoken.
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Im so sorry for the loss of the pup,its so tragic and must of been horrid to lose a pup in this terrible way.But it may well have happend even if the dog hadnt been a sbt,as some dogs get spooked and edgy if pups run up to them all giddy and excited.Im not defending the actions and am truly sorry to hear what happend,but as humans with emotions and knowing right from wrong its so hard to understand the actions and responces that dogs have in certain situitions.
To us they are evil and horrible deeds,but to the dog its reacting the only way it knows at that split second.Im suprised the police have taken the dog away,unless the owner has given permission.My heart truly goes out to you and your friend and the wee pup,but like another poster i have to say how i feel,been a responsible sbt owner.I wont even let my 18 year old son walk any of my two,not that hes a wimp,but im responsible for them and know there body language and know what sitiuions to avoid etc.
Once again im so sorry,but please dont condem or tar every sbt or owner as a beast or irrisponsable.
RIP lil one.xxxxxx
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh god, poor little Millie, so so sorry to read this,I guess the young girl holding the Staffy must be in shock too, Her father sounds like a moron though, a sad tale for all involved xx
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »