View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Speechless here too. I am so sorry for all involved; especially the poor pup. I just can't imagine.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. The shock is immense and I do understand as the same thing happened to Taki in Cambodia when she was 13 weeks. (She was set upon on leash by a Great Dane that just swung and shook her in its jaws for ages. (She survived, but not without a good few issues)). I am so sorry for this mite and the owner. I expect I'll get no PC points for this, but as much as I like bull-breeds/mollasers they are not allowed around my lot unless I know the dog very well indeed....they are exceptionally strong and if their tenacity is misdirected for an instant, it can end in tragedy. How terribly terribly sad.
Exactly, i dont really trust staffys due to the locking jaw and especially if you dont know them. You dont know what their temperment is and what it might do, in the end its just not worth the hassel if your unsure of the dog. Like you said it can end in tragedy and it sure did to us today.

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw I am so very sorry to hear this - a defenceless little pup. May Milly Rest in Peace.

I can't understand why people take dogs out if they cannot control them. Loki was attacked last year by 2 Staffies and I thought she would be a goner. They set about her face, poor Loki just lay down - no one was with the Staffies. If it hadn't been for a local man running across the road and literally kicking both very hard in their sides a few times, Loki wouldn't be here today!! As it was though, they bit a small pieceof her tongue out!!

I called the police but because I didn't have the owner's name, knew where they lived, they didn't do anything! Thankfully, Loki recovered and the tongue stopped bleeding but she has a small v in her tongue at the end. My local shopkeeper took the two dogs into his stop and shut the door to let me get up the drive with Loki. A neighbour came and helped me!

I do understand what your friend and you as well must be going thru'. It's not dogs' faults, its the bad owners who don't know how to train their dogs. My heart goes out to your friend.

Run free at the bridge little one,your life was short but you will be remembered. xx
You were extremly lucky that the jogger was running by. I know i handled one staffy ok but i know i wouldnt be able to handle two of them. I would definately be thanking my lucky stars that he was around that day, and to the shop owner as well for keeping them in. Glad Loki is ok

Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
How awful and such a tragic end to such a young baby

Run Free little Milly

Jann
xxx

Just for information purposes, if anyone finds themselves in such an awful position as this, the best thing to do is to lift (yank!) the back legs up(of the agressor) as high as you can, this makes the aggressor let go and turn to see what you are doing. it does work, i speak from experience of Skye being attacked by a staff in P@H a couple of months ago and i remembered this advice, put it into action and it worked.
Fab advice, i didnt know you could do that, wish i knew this , this morning lol. Never mind. Great advice and at least i know what to do if it ever happens again.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
What a very sad and horrific story it has left me feeling cold and empty inside.
I know when milo was a puppy on his first walk out, we were walking along the road and a staff came running at us and threw him in the air. Luckily somehow I managed to hoist him by his lead as he went up out of the Staffs reach otherwise he could have been a dead pup too. the owners respose was that you have to let dogs be dogs . I can't repeat my language to him on here.
I also lost a sleeve out of my jacket trying to hoist him clear of another staffys jaws a while later outside tesco. the owners laughed and thought that funny.
I cannot understand the mentality of some owners. my Shady is fear aggresive to other dogs and although she has not actually ever bitten anything I would never give her the chance to even try. I would not be able to live with myself if she ever hurt another dog.
In the area I live in we sadly get a huge amount of attacks by staffs and the vets say its the internal injuries that you can't see inflicted by thier powerful jaws that are the main concern .
Hugs to both you and your friend, I should think you are both in terrible shock, but thank goodness you were there.
RIP little baby another tradgedy that shouldn't have happened.
We have a high amount of staffies around here as well. Its a shame as i know they can be great dogs but like many of us know its the chavs that own them, so therefore they dont get the training that they need. You also very lucky that the dogs really didnt lay into you, and i cant believe that the owners of the tesco dog just thought it was funny , that angers me a lot
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I am so sorry for you both, and to poor Milly. My heart and thoughts go out to you, run free little baby xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm so sorry for you all, what horrendous experience.

RIP Milly.

I do hope your friend has the strength to get over this. x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Also i must say everyone that i have learnt a very very valuable lesson today. Vets - yours might have an emergancy number but ring around to see who has the closest emergancy surgery. The closest one to me was 20 min away, and tbh it was too far. She would have never have made it.

So id suggest to anyone ring around all vets and see who is the nearest. I thought mine would have been as its at the top of the street. How wrong was i.

You really dont think about these things unless something like this happens and its too late
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:00 PM
So very sorry to read this xxx
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok was going to post these this week anyways but hey ho didnt know what was going to happen today. So here is milly and pepsi playing at my house

must say i love this one lol

knackered from all the playing

Hope you enjoy
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:15 PM
What a sweetie she was.

I hope the owners of the vicious animal that killed her don't live anywhere near Milly's owners. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to see that beast and it's owners frequently.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:30 PM
What a terrible terrible thing to happen I am so sorry, I hope Milly's owner is okay...as best she can be after such a shock. Yourself too....

I feel as a Stafford owner I should be apologising for my breed when really I should be out shooting the bloody incompetent owners..........

Given the amount of Stafford horror stories I am starting to feel like I should walk with someone in front of me ringing a bell saying "Stafford and owner coming..."

The thing is and I am not defending the actions today on either thread this one sad tragic death of Milly or the attack on Jess, but Staffords and all bull breed dogs are strong and can do damage when they get hold its RESPONSIBLE owners that are needed.

Karen

SBT owner.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 05:31 PM
She was a beauty - poor you and her poor owner, what a complete shock. Such a horrible thing to happen

I just hope that the poor little mite never felt anything, and went quickly

RIP little one x
Page 5 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »