View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. The shock is immense and I do understand as the same thing happened to Taki in Cambodia when she was 13 weeks. (She was set upon on leash by a Great Dane that just swung and shook her in its jaws for ages. (She survived, but not without a good few issues)). I am so sorry for this mite and the owner. I expect I'll get no PC points for this, but as much as I like bull-breeds/mollasers they are not allowed around my lot unless I know the dog very well indeed....they are exceptionally strong and if their tenacity is misdirected for an instant, it can end in tragedy. How terribly terribly sad.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Aw I am so very sorry to hear this - a defenceless little pup. May Milly Rest in Peace.

I can't understand why people take dogs out if they cannot control them. Loki was attacked last year by 2 Staffies and I thought she would be a goner. They set about her face, poor Loki just lay down - no one was with the Staffies. If it hadn't been for a local man running across the road and literally kicking both very hard in their sides a few times, Loki wouldn't be here today!! As it was though, they bit a small pieceof her tongue out!!

I called the police but because I didn't have the owner's name, knew where they lived, they didn't do anything! Thankfully, Loki recovered and the tongue stopped bleeding but she has a small v in her tongue at the end. My local shopkeeper took the two dogs into his stop and shut the door to let me get up the drive with Loki. A neighbour came and helped me!

I do understand what your friend and you as well must be going thru'. It's not dogs' faults, its the bad owners who don't know how to train their dogs. My heart goes out to your friend.

Run free at the bridge little one,your life was short but you will be remembered. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:42 PM
So sorry you went through this - what a ghastly experience for all those involved......

Run free, little one x0x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I cannot believe this story. Jesus Christ I really do live in a little bubble. things like this are just inconceivable to me.

Val, poor you and poor neighbour and Milly I just, well I just don't know what to say to be honest. I'm gutted for you all xxxxxxx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:49 PM
How awful and such a tragic end to such a young baby

Run Free little Milly

Jann
xxx

Just for information purposes, if anyone finds themselves in such an awful position as this, the best thing to do is to lift (yank!) the back legs up(of the agressor) as high as you can, this makes the aggressor let go and turn to see what you are doing. it does work, i speak from experience of Skye being attacked by a staff in P@H a couple of months ago and i remembered this advice, put it into action and it worked.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:01 PM
run free poor little baby, far too young to go the bridge especially like that, Hugs to you and your friend must have been an awful thing to see
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:03 PM
What a very sad and horrific story it has left me feeling cold and empty inside.
I know when milo was a puppy on his first walk out, we were walking along the road and a staff came running at us and threw him in the air. Luckily somehow I managed to hoist him by his lead as he went up out of the Staffs reach otherwise he could have been a dead pup too. the owners respose was that you have to let dogs be dogs . I can't repeat my language to him on here.
I also lost a sleeve out of my jacket trying to hoist him clear of another staffys jaws a while later outside tesco. the owners laughed and thought that funny.
I cannot understand the mentality of some owners. my Shady is fear aggresive to other dogs and although she has not actually ever bitten anything I would never give her the chance to even try. I would not be able to live with myself if she ever hurt another dog.
In the area I live in we sadly get a huge amount of attacks by staffs and the vets say its the internal injuries that you can't see inflicted by thier powerful jaws that are the main concern .
Hugs to both you and your friend, I should think you are both in terrible shock, but thank goodness you were there.
RIP little baby another tradgedy that shouldn't have happened.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:07 PM
RIP Millie

I am so sorry to hear this

Why the hell do some owners not take responsibility for their dogs/their actions? Grrr it angers me.

I really hope Doreen recovers

You couldn't have done any more than what you did, so please don't feel that you could have.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Sleep tight Millie x

I am honestly speechless, my heart goes out to all of you.

Take care xxxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:32 PM
so sorry that this happened to you and your neighbour's dog.

hugs

sue
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »