View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:27 PM
ii never said i trained pits for protection in england. although i have trained them for protection in the middle east, in arabic commands as this was the popular breed at the time.
And I trained Mexican Hairless Dogs to pull sleds in Hawaii...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I have Boxers, who can breathe just fine, thank you very much. They have no health problems, with breathing or anything else.

Unfortunately, the work they were bred to do has pretty much died out, so I guess they are an obsolete breed. Are you saying that we shouldn't have Boxers, and instead have a dog who still has a 'working purpose'?
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
does anyone on here use their dogs for a valid purpose?
Err, not all dogs are 'working' dogs, some were specifically bred as lap dogs - is that work???

I have 4 well socailised happy rotts (I don't breed or show) their 'work' is to be a great family pet, a valid purpose in my eyes
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
that is current. i haveowned a slovakian bred german shep, 3 malinois, a ridgebackxrottie, all these were security dogs, i have worked and trained many american bulldogs and pits in different tasks.
None are working dogs though?? Pastoral
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
And I trained Mexican Hairless Dogs to pull sleds in Hawaii...
I hope you used commands in Cantonese, Labradork. We wouldn`t want anyone to think they weren`t being trained by a PROFESSIONAL would we?
Has anyone else noticed this newbie`s selective deafness?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
so by needing sheep and cattle dogs to work i rely on them for money? just about every dog breed was once bred for a purpose, now most of them can do nothing useful...

whoever said something about having a malamute or husky, what use would i have for it? im in england not siberia or alaska, leave real working dogs to real working people.

I have Malamutes and I ain't in SIberia or Alaska
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
does anyone on here use their dogs for a valid purpose?
Erm, well we use "proper" sheepdogs for working 3500 sheep! Does that count!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Actually, I trained them in German, cos' I thought that sounded all proper. Proper trainers use German commands.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
This is a load of tosh

I have rescue Border Collies....sorry don;t know if they have breeding issues, if they do they sure as hell ain't told me about them.

They are trained to to herd the 1000 herd of sheep I keep in my back garden, and send them next door to poo all over thier plants.
They are trained to hog the fire on cold night, and attack anything that I need protecting from....ie wild boar that keep trying to sneak in through the windows.

At the moment they have a huge bull by it's scruff and are trying to move it as it is obstructing the view of the TV
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Definately a troll if you have done all the things you say with dogs how come no one has heard of you.
With all your experience you could have your own TV programme and be famous.

Thanks for livening up my night you have given me the best laugh I have had for ages!
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »