View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dallys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I haven't been on dogsey long, don't even have a dog atm, but I am looking to get one in the near future.

I joined Dogsey to find out about different breeds of dogs, there ins & outs, ups & downs. I've had 2 gsd an would love an NI ..BUT I'd need to know alot more about them before I got one.I know this is the right place to find all that info without bein told do this , do that , dont do this etc..

Believe me, the people on here love their dogs to bits,they will give you any advice you want without lookin down their noses at you , or thinking they know it all.Ive been a "lurker" for a while, dont post that often,but I read alot on the forums.

A very friendly lot, who really dont deserve that crap post you just flung at them.

Just a thought, have you tried a choker chain..sounds like you need harsh training in people skills
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:15 PM
OMG I'm so glad you joined, whatever did we all do without you?! However did my little Poppy get her KC Good Citizen Rosettes and Certificates without you training her?! However did I teach her to sit, stay, down, bark, don't bark, let me know when she wants the toilet, not pull when walking, not run out the door when I open it, walk in a controlled manor on walks .... need I go on?

Valid purpose of my dog ......... she keeps me going through my bouts of depression, she stops me overdosing when I have a bad day, she loves me as unconditionally as I love her - is that valid enough for you?! Probably not, I suppose I could always send her over the fields to catch the field mice, would that count as hunting and a valid purpose for you.

And no, I don't breed and I don't show. My dog, my choice.

I've the dog owners on this site are such a disappointment to you, the thing to do is ......... well lets just say the polite way of putting it would be to say goodbye.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
i have worked and trained many american bulldogs and pits in different tasks.
and you have a mansion in Bath?
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How have you trained Pit Bulls for security work (I can't think of a worse breed to train for "protection" work ) in this country, given that they are a banned breed of dog?
ii never said i trained pits for protection in england. although i have trained them for protection in the middle east, in arabic commands as this was the popular breed at the time.

when i said different tasks i was reffering to things like: catching and holding scrub bulls in australia along with wild boar.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
so by needing sheep and cattle dogs to work i rely on them for money? just about every dog breed was once bred for a purpose, now most of them can do nothing useful...

whoever said something about having a malamute or husky, what use would i have for it? im in england not siberia or alaska, leave real working dogs to real working people.
Our dogs are part of the family does that mean they are dispendable to use once they are unable to work i.e old age, injury etc you get rid. I think you are in the rong place
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
and you have a mansion in Bath?
no dear i worked at a large dog training centre in australia, funnily enough i quit as i dont agree with the way they treat the dogs.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
How to win friends and influence people

A forum brings together lots of different people and ideas but you have to be open minded to appreciate that.

You are probably right that this isnt the forum for you
Well said
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

now most of them can do nothing useful...
Err, did it not occur to you that 95% of people keep dogs as pets?
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Our dogs are part of the family does that mean they are dispendable to use once they are unable to work i.e old age, injury etc you get rid. I think you are in the rong place
once the dogs are too old to work i retire them to a gentle arm chair life but they always try to break out when they think there is work about. mainly these are kelpie/cattle dog mixes on the stations back in oz.
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
once the dogs are too old to work i retire them to a gentle arm chair life but they always try to break out when they think there is work about. mainly these are kelpie/cattle dog mixes on the stations back in oz.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »