View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2012, 07:04 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Wednesday).

I am a little earlier than usual I think today which is mad seeings as I don't have to get Michael to the tube till a bit later today.
There is method in my madness though Dillon is now on his first kong and I need him to finish his breakfast and have his rest (dirty word for Dillon) so I can walk him for an hour before leaving here at just gone 9am with Michael.
Dillon will just not wait till 9am for his walk if he had too the whole neighbourhood would know about it. He can just about manage waiting till 8.15am.

Had my good morning email from Gorden who says the internet connection is now very good as all the ice hockey munchkins are now asleep in bed. He thinks they leave today so hopefully we will get to skype today.
He was saying the lady in the cafeteria is now lightening up and willing to play the game of Gorden drawing what are the options for tea game. Didn't quite work last night he thought he drew macaroni he got noodle soup. Apparently noodles over there translate into macaroni.

I hope my bobbing up and down to refill Dillons kong and get him his chicken wing which has just made some funny noises going down his throat didn't make you feel to sea sick.

The weather here today is damp but not raining so I suppose it could go either way weather wise

Hoping you all have a good day. I will catch up with you and your stories during the day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow.

Dull here so far and forecast cloudy and mild. Speaking of mild, yesterday was lovely. The sun was out and it was very mild. We included a sit on the prom in our walk because it was so good - more like spring that winter. Funnily enough though, there weren't too many dog walkers on the prom. There were a few on the beach, but the prom was clear.

The problem, of course, with mild days is that I never want to come home . We have extra long walks and we all enjoy them.

Usual for us today - we are pretty boring, but, hey, there's nowt wrong with boring.

Now to have a shower because it's a breakfast day today

Have a good 'un all and enjoy your Skype time Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Lynn and all who follow.

Dull here so far and forecast cloudy and mild. Speaking of mild, yesterday was lovely. The sun was out and it was very mild. We included a sit on the prom in our walk because it was so good - more like spring that winter. Funnily enough though, there weren't too many dog walkers on the prom. There were a few on the beach, but the prom was clear.

The problem, of course, with mild days is that I never want to come home . We have extra long walks and we all enjoy them.

Usual for us today - we are pretty boring, but, hey, there's nowt wrong with boring.

Now to have a shower because it's a breakfast day today

Have a good 'un all and enjoy your Skype time Lynn.
Morning Chris.

I love the sunny days in Autumn too. Dillon and I try to do two walks on those days so when it is wet and miserable we know we have made the most of the nice days till spring comes along again.
You are no more boring than me Chris.
Enjoy your day.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Morning all,

Bit dull out there today, still a bit too dark to tell what it's going to do though.

Today I haven't a clue what I'm doing apart from the last two periods are free periods so either I'll be occupied doing other classes, doing some typing or off to PE to see if they need some help

Other than that, not up to much today, might go running later depending on whether I get to PE or not.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Bit dull out there today, still a bit too dark to tell what it's going to do though.

Today I haven't a clue what I'm doing apart from the last two periods are free periods so either I'll be occupied doing other classes, doing some typing or off to PE to see if they need some help

Other than that, not up to much today, might go running later depending on whether I get to PE or not.
Morning Lorraine.
I know what you would like to do in your free periods (PE) am I right ?
Lets hope you get to do something you like in your free periods. Fingers crossed you do.
Enjoy your day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Lynn,Brierley and all

I hope Dillon is managing to contain himself! My lot are having chicken and liver today apart from Chico who can't eat chicken without throwing it up and then re-eating it yuk.

Glad you managed to hear from Gorden, I can just imagine him trying to order his food, I am sure he will learn how ask for what he wants given time. I hope you get a good skype connection today.

We are taking my cousin to visit a care home today to see if we like it, I am not sure how he feels about it, I think he is feeling a bit anxious. The plan is he will stay for a week over Christmas, just for sleeping, breakfast and showering, I tried him here last year but he couldn't cope with the bath or the stairs. I feel that he will have to go into a care home soon as things are not going so well at home.

I hope you all have a good day. (any news on the horse H)?
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Morning Gorgeous Lynn ,

Morning Gorgeous H, Jen, Steph . .

Morning All

Weather here down south is quite nice and mild

Have a good day all

S x x x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Morning Lynn, Chris, Lorraine, Gerry and everyone

Sounds like you're in a bit of a rush to keep to schedule this morning Lynn, and I'm a bit like that when Dave is home, and I don't like having to do that first thing. I'm supposed to be like you now Chris, I want my life to slow down and become what you call boring (which it isn't!) but when Dave's here, it's up early, take Zena out and be back by 9am so that he has the rest of the day, and we don't bump into anyone for me to stop and chat to. Sometimes ya know, I wish he'd just leave the walking to us, coz we enjoy it so much more on our own, just dithering about, changing our route sometimes, trying to get lost, stopping for a game of ball. It's more like a "get it over with" thing when Dave's with me and I told him, it's actually the highlight of my day

Well today, I've got to find out the reg of the car we've bought over the phone so that Dave can at least stick it on his insurance even if we can't tax it yet (can't do it online coz we're new keepers) or he brings his trade plates home with him Thursday. Hopefully, it could well be taxed anyway, but the guy didn't know (he's just a salesman at the garage ).

For those who missed it yesterday, the horse is now going to be ok, because the vet got up there in time and they were able to take him away and operate on his twisted gut, thanks to me, because if he'd had to wait till 4pm when the owner got up there it would not have been good

Oh Lynn, you gotta laugh at Gorden, I can just see him standing at the cafetteria counter with his clipboard, holding up the queue, whilst he draws what he wants for dinner, and ends up with the wrong thing - cracks me up that does Actually it would make for a good game show wouldn't it!!! Hope you get a Skype session today with him I know how much you must miss him.

I'm actually going to stay at home today and get on with doing what needs to be done out in the gardens, front and back. The big front lawn needs edging, I'm gonna spray some bleach on some onion smelling whisps of grass that are coming up through the gravel (God knows what that is!), and I must cut down those peonies now that they've gone brown (according to mr Google). First job of the day though is Zena, and then again before lunch.

Enjoy yours folks, I'll be back
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post

I hope Dillon is managing to contain himself! My lot are having chicken and liver today apart from Chico who can't eat chicken without throwing it up and then re-eating it yuk.

Glad you managed to hear from Gorden, I can just imagine him trying to order his food, I am sure he will learn how ask for what he wants given time. I hope you get a good skype connection today.

We are taking my cousin to visit a care home today to see if we like it, I am not sure how he feels about it, I think he is feeling a bit anxious. The plan is he will stay for a week over Christmas, just for sleeping, breakfast and showering, I tried him here last year but he couldn't cope with the bath or the stairs. I feel that he will have to go into a care home soon as things are not going so well at home.

Morning Gerri.

Yuk about the liver. I can just imagine Gorden and his drawing games.

Shhhh I don't want to speak too loudy in case he hears me but Dillon is being remarkably calm.

Good luck with your cousin today its not a nice thing to have to do.
I will say enjoy your day but I get the feeling you won't.

Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Morning Gorgeous Lynn ,

Morning Gorgeous H, Jen, Steph . .

Morning All

Weather here down south is quite nice and mild

Have a good day all

S x x x
Morning Shane.
Glad the weather is nice your way it loks like it might end up nice here too. (Hopefully).
Enjoy your day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post

Phoned and spoke to the daughter last night, she couldn't thank me enough because sadly I was right, but it meant the vet got there in time, he's been operated on (twisted gut) and will be home soon - he's a very lucky lad isn't he
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »