View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I have a dolphin on my hip will get OH to take a pic later. He got it for me for my 40th.
Elaine xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:18 AM
i was put off tattoos when a friend of mine had a lovely dolphin on her tummy then a bout a year later got pregnant and was left with a whale !!!

but to be honest they just arent my cup of tea, and I cam imagine being very old and regretting anything obvious too.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Sorry to butt in again - what happens afterwards, should you be cleaning it in any special way? daughters appears to be going crusty & is raised is this normal?
She said it didn't hurt (inside of her wrist) and yet when she had the new cervical cancer vaccination the following day she said it was such agony she cried!
I can't go to the place where she had it done now as she keeps telling me different places - I could cheerfully throttle her.
Didn't she get aftercare instructions??? That's even worse!!!!

She needs to clean it twice a day with unfragranced soap (preferably low Ph) and luke warm water. Also use Bepanthan nappy cream to rub on after it's been cleaned (do this 3 to 4 times a day).

The better the tattoo artist the least scabbing. Mine was slightly raised (could just feel it with a finger) for about 48 hours. The scab on mine was just like a very thin layer of dead skin which has rubbed off now. Tell her not to pick it at all or the colour will come out.

It would be really good if you could find out who did it cos they really shouldn't be allowed to get away with a) tattooing a minor and b) not giving aftercare intstructions.

Brundog - lol @ your friend's whale! I'm getting all of mine in laces that are really easy to cover up. Also I'm being very careful and putting lots of thought into what I'm getting. If you google tattoo gone wrong there are some nightmare stories!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a vine and flower motif round my belly button but was advised in the shop not to have a full ring as being a woman your tummy shape changes so I have a half ring.
Becky
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I have this up my spine at the bottom half of my back...

I was worrying about regretting it later but I thought, would I rather do something and possibly regret it later in life, or NOT do something and regret NOT doing it later in life. I chose the former. It was painful but not too bad. I was advised to put rescue cream on it and it healed wonderfully, really quickly too. I want another at the top of my spine and I want one on my foot too!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice tattoo Peedie! Love the colours
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok, here's mine:

Right arm:

Left arm:

Exceedingly painful ankle tat (has been redone too!):

...and the latest one. If we ever split, the next man will have to be called Harry or Larry.......

queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:29 PM
very nice
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Didn't she get aftercare instructions??? That's even worse!!!!

She needs to clean it twice a day with unfragranced soap (preferably low Ph) and luke warm water. Also use Bepanthan nappy cream to rub on after it's been cleaned (do this 3 to 4 times a day).

The better the tattoo artist the least scabbing. Mine was slightly raised (could just feel it with a finger) for about 48 hours. The scab on mine was just like a very thin layer of dead skin which has rubbed off now. Tell her not to pick it at all or the colour will come out.

It would be really good if you could find out who did it cos they really shouldn't be allowed to get away with a) tattooing a minor and b) not giving aftercare intstructions.

Brundog - lol @ your friend's whale! I'm getting all of mine in laces that are really easy to cover up. Also I'm being very careful and putting lots of thought into what I'm getting. If you google tattoo gone wrong there are some nightmare stories!
Thankyou for the info - maybe they did tell her, but we haven't exchanged many words this week so I will ask her later if I can manage a civilised conversation with her. She reckons she went behind my back coz I would have said no! - er yes obviously. I do wish I knew where she had it done.

On a lighter note my hubby has a tattoo on his winkle - it says LUDO - when he's aroused it says "Welcome to LLanudno we hope you enjoy your stay!"
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 10:24 AM
PMSL @ Tillymint!!!!

Vicki, love your ankle tatto it's really cute
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >