Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kelly and jake
New Member!
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:08 PM

just found lump

I have just given Jake a good brush and have found a small lump on his right hind leg (just below his knee?) Its about the size of a pea and feels squidgy. he is due his jabs in a couple weeks do i leave it till then or take him to vets asap? worried xxx
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Hiya, sorry i can't offer any help, but am sure that someone will be along in a minute that can! big hugs x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Firsty, don`t panic hun. Soft squishy lumps are often cysts or other harmless things. Being where it is, its quite possible to be something like a grass seed which has a bit of fluid around it or a bit of puss. You wont rest till you have it checked out though, and if its something like a bit of an infected entry site it might need antibiotics but dont assume the worst - we all do I know, I was the same when I found on on my Defa`s chest a couple of week ago but that was also small, squishy and pliable [ can move it around under the skin so no stalk to indicate anything worrisome ] but I took him to the vets to be on the same side and it was confirmed as just a little fatty ball [ pea sized ] and absolutely nothing to worry about.

There is every likelihood that Jakes is equally nothing untoward but I`d get it checked out sooner rather than later for your peace of mind and in case it is anything needing antibiotics.

*If* the vet feels it should be investigated `just in case`, the sooner its seen after being found the better anyway, so either way its well worth popping him in :smt001
kelly and jake
New Member!
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:30 PM
thanks, gonna ring vets tomorrow just to be on the safe side xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:41 PM
If it is squishy I would not worry too much it could be a bursar rather like housemaids knee and it fills up with fluid. If it is this draining sometimes helps but really it is better to leave it alone and it will go down of its own accord. I had this with one of mine and it healed itself. I do agree a trip to the vets's is needed just to be on the safe side, but please don't worry I don't think it is anything really serious.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I agree with Patch.

We found a lump under Loki's throat, but in this case it didn't stay the same size but grew hugely overnight and it turned out (we think!) to have been an infected cut. The vet lanced it and gave him antibiotics. We bathed it every day with warm, salty water and it's back to normal now.
kelly and jake
New Member!
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:51 PM
thanks, i think you just think the worst when you find something like this xx