Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 06:50 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday)

Morning everyone. Forced smiley here as usual woke around 4am then find it difficult to get to back to sleep and when I do Dillon decides he needs up and out at 6.30. So grumpy head on for now.
I am sure it will disappear though during the day as long as the day goes smoother than yesterday.
I have to pop out today for some last minute bits and pieces so am hoping the local shopping centre Wisbech is not going to be heaving with people.
I would also like to be home before these storms the weather men are predicting start. Everywhere is due for heavy rain and high winds but I think the SW and the North are in for the worst. Cumbria has already suffered a land slide.
So keep safe and warm everyone.
Our Nippy had done a thread I think on the storms we are expecting so may be worth taking a look.

I hope all poorly peeps and doglets are feeling well and if not here's some (((hugs))).

ETA nearly forgot don't forget the Dogsey party tonight all welcome.
Mince pies, sausage rolls. all kinds of nibbles chocklit and of course alcohol.
We can all shelter from the horrible weather due and have a giggle too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

At least you now have a dishwasher though Lynn, so cheer up, imagine all that washing up over christmas

Only just woken up and as it's so dark I thought it must be about 6 am, but it's 7.30!!! Just when I needed to get up early cos of hair down the town at 9.30, not looking forward to the journey down there though,it'll be gridlock probably.

Zena perked up a treat yesterday, so I don't know what was wrong with her Saturday, but whatever it was, she's over it now, she was bright as a button all day and wanted to play instead of sloping off to her bed, so that's good news.

We've got an amber alert all along the south coast, and you're probably getting it right now Jen as I type, but ours is arriving around 11 am and continuing overnight, aww gaaawd, it doesn't sound good at all. I was watching the met man on sky news last night and he said we haven't had such a low as this one for 120 years, and although the eye will be just short of Scotland, they say this low will break all records up there, so you stay safe Lorraine It's also the great speed that it's travelling at that's worrying them, with the jet stream travelling at 280 mph above it whipping up the storm underneath Here endeth the weather forecast, let's hope everyone is safe by tomorrow morning.

Better get a move on here, although Zena's still asleep, I must get ready and get her out.

Enjoy your day everyone, hope you don't having any more shopping to do cos I doubt you'll get in there, let alone back out.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Lynn and all

The dogs had me up early too, we were no sooner back in bed than Kia decided she needed to go again, she can be a real pain at times!!

The weather is gearing up here too, not looking forward to yet more rain on already saturated ground and flooded roads.

I hope your shopping trip isn't too bad, I went on Saturday after work as I am avoiding the mad rush and struggle to park the car!!

We have had no phone for almost three days and the internet went off. Phones are back on but internet wasn't. Turned out OH had unplugged the router from the phone line and not put it back.

I have no work now until Friday and plan to have a relaxing week!! Will try to remember the Dogsey party, hope there are some veggie sausage rolls on offer!!

Have a lovely day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning H

Glad Zena is feeling better.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning Helena yes I do have the dishwasher now. I think that was plumbed in yesterday because Gorden didn't fancy washing up the Christmas dinner bits.
Glad to hear Zena has perked up she must of just been having a couple of off days.
Hope the hair goes well and stay safe in those storms.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning all
Lynn I hope that grumpy head soon disappears, maybe you will get a chance for a nanny nap later. Good luck shopping
Helena the storm started to hit us around 7-30 and is just winding up now Take care
Gerry hope phones and internet are back in order, you take care too.
Last minute cleaning, tidying and titivating today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Morning Gerry hope the storms aren't too bad for you. The ground here is saturated too I think it is the same story all over the country at the moment and not good if we have the high winds predicted again.
We can make sure there are veggie sausage rolls on offer tonight.
Silly OH at least it was sorted simply in the end think how long it would of taken them to get it sorted over the Christmas break we wouldn't of seen you till nearly 2015.
Enjoy your leisurely break you deserve it.
Morning Jenny grumpy head almost disappeared.
Your part of the storm winding up then and making its way up the country. I hope there isn't too much devastation near you.
Keep safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning everyone, trying to rain out there at the moment but it must be the lull before the storm as there was no wind as yet. Guess it wont be long though. Thanks TW for putting up some of the names and Fairie names for the babes. Look forward to individual piccies of them with their full names. Brilliant. Take care all and have a good day see you at the party tonight. God bless.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning Lynn and all.

Looks like many of us certainly have some weather to contend with. Unfortunatly I am going to end up out in a lot of it as I am working 12 hrs today. I am sure we will also lose our electric too as we have overhead power cables here and it seems a gust of wind brings them straight down. We have already lost it for a couple of days since I have lived here in the winds.
That will also mean no heating or hot water too so hope they can get us on for Christmas if it goes. Hope everyone else survives it with no problems too.

Hope your happy head reappears soon Lynn

Jenny glad you have come through the storm ok.

Glad Zena is back to normal H.

Enjoy your relaxing few days moetmum. That sounds like something I could do with.

Have a good day all. If we have electric I will try and get back on later tonight when I get home from work.
Stay safe.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2013, 08:22 AM

Another lovely sleep all snuggled up in my fluffy cosy gorgeous [well not gorgeous to look at] over-large Andy Pandy suit over my pj's wiv de 'ood up wot keeps my noggin from freezelin'. Da Booga wanted out around 4am but then zonked off again until gone 9 - barely lifting her head to take her pills.

I have a major problem now in that they brought in the mahoosive road ripper-upper at around 5pm yesterday when it was already pitch dark and ripped up the end of the little road where the macolet is as it was higher than the new roadway, so there is absolutely no way that Xanadu will be able to drive on it. I said all along they would never finish by the end of the year [they were supposed to have finished by Rosh Hashana which was at the beginning of September this year ] and apparently they have to put yet another layer of asphalt on the road now the previous layers have settled. SIGH

Oh well, at least the sun is shining so I really must not complain, not having seen the weather forecast for the UK.

I hope all poorlies feel better - keep safe and warm everyone and have as good a day as you would hope for.
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »