Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Morning all...

Some very busy folk on here already, puts me to shame Although I have hoovered, dusted and got the fire ready to light later.

WOW... what a morning you are having there Helena.... hope you get tyre sorted, it is a pain when things got pete tong. Poor GSD lady, at least you were able to provide some comfort to her. Not long now Tang for you osteopath lady, then you will hopefully be able to get some relief from the pain in your shoulder, Happy Birthday Keshi baby.... not long now before the patter of tiny paws, I will watch with bated breath, Good to see little Flash is feeling a little better.

I know there is more, but this is about the third or fourth time I have tried to post and phone calls and visitors keep happening, so to who I have missed.

Not a lot on here today, it is wet and cold, so just might have a duvet day for the rest of it....

Looking forward to seeing Lynn on sometime.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
My visitor has gone now, she'll be fine, she's worked with dogs and various farm animals, and is very down to earth and even Keshi didn't faze her, although (maybe with it being her birthday) she was at her most hysterical, leaping about and generally being a pain. In the end Cariad got fed up of her and pinned her down and gave her a good telling off, so she calmed down a bit after that, probably because Cariad was stalking around after her grumbling everytime she breathed out of turn.
Sent a Happy Birthday email to Che and his family, and look what she's sent me back, how clever, I cannot get my head around collages one bit
Uploaded with
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Our finance chap has gone and I think he was really impressed with my ideas of what we could do with some money He's a lovely chap and we did all have a laugh.

Pat - Isn't it amazing just how different our siblings can be. My eldest (27yrs) is really driven and works all hours 6 days a week. He makes plans in his head of what he wants to achieve by the time he's a certain age ... so far they've all come to fruition early. Then my youngest (25yrs) who is working full time with a good salary but I think would be quite happy living on a narrow boat at the of the garden As you say though illness of a loved one can put everything in to perspective and makes you realise just what is and isn't important in life. His two sons are such good looking wee lads and they look like the sort of kids who have a great sense of humour. I still remember those wonderful photos of the wedding and them jumping into that pool when they went over to stay with you.
Girliebiker - Enjoy the rest of your day ... a duvet afternoon sounds very tempting The weather is vile here too but not so cold.
June - How lovely of them to send you that collage of the delectable Che. Happy Birthday wishes sent to him and not forgetting Sasha and Ash who I assume you never heard from their owners again Have a peaceful afternoon if that's possible with your girls

I think I may take Flash out for a 10 minute change of scenery as he is looking very bored whereas Rucksack is just snoozing which is what he does best.

Isn't today the day that Lynn was hoping to get internect connected again ..... I do hope so as dying to hear how the move went.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Well hello again my friends. Now WHO STOLE TODAY? Come on! Own up! I could not BELIEVE it was 3pm when I looked at the clock. Little Bella yapped at me and ran to the door and I was like 'what now?' until I saw the time! I was feeling like I was still trying to get over having to get up earlier than I'd wanted to and going to take a bit of a rest - I'd put a nice white sheet on madam's day bed for me to join her (not that keen on ginger bristle fleece blankets on bare skin!)

Well I've come back to a very good laugh. The no.2 son I was speaking about - well I told him about my arm (haven't told any of the kids yet - but now I'm getting it seen to I will) said I was perservering with a bit of work but knocking off now as it was aching. He is a very thoughtful lad (when I got the polyarthritis he turned up with lecky can opener, all sorts of gizmos and gadgets to help people with not much strength in their hands. And when we had the power cuts he mailed me out a head torch on soft neoprene to wear on my head so I wouldn't have to go searching for a torch lol! He doesn't have any money (would like to live in a world where you don't use money but barter instead!) but does always think of thoughtful things. It was him bought me my Anker high power batt gizmo so I can charge stuff up without worrying where the sockets are!

Anyway here is what I came home to - he messaged it to me on bookface with no accompanying words.

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Now for the rest of you!

Girlybiker
I might have got a little bit busy but didn't go so far as to attempt any housework!

Thanks for the arm wishes. Not sure if the tabs just take ages to kick in or what but it is not QUITE so bad now as when I was 'taking it a bit easy' earlier?

The duvet idea sounds good - I have the same thing in mind at some stage (will be blerdy bedtime at this rate tho!) but in my case it is a sheet - and under not over as it is still very warm indeed here. In fact just stuck an arm in the pool and it isn't as chilly as I thought it would be. Might go for a swim tomorrow if the osteo says its OK.

Tawney
What a lovely collage. I have one a pal of mine in the US made me years ago and she did send instructions on how to do it but think you need photoshop for the one she did.

Can't think of anything to torment you about right now so that will have to wait until later!

Jenny
When I do hear from my bod could you fly over and talk to him as I always get befuddled. My last guy used to reduce reams of paper info to a few scribbled lines in biro on the bottom to make me understand.

And yes about the siblings. Dan was once a real high flying go getter. Suffered a bit of a nervous breakdown some 10 yrs or more ago and COMPLETELY changed his lifestyle. Went overboard at first but still sticks to a lot of what he changed. And though a veggie and eco lifestyle isn't really my cup of tea I can't knock him for it. And the boys are his stepsons - Emma's first husband is Ghanian. But he is a better 'dad' to them than their own ever was - has lived with them since Harvey was just 6 months old. I'm very proud of him for that. They adore their 'DANIEL' lol! To hear little Harvey saying 'Cuddle Daniel!' melts your heart.
For Dan's part he maintains he was punching 'well above his weight' when he managed to snare Emma and the boys and still can't believe his luck especially now he has his own darling baby daughter Holly.

I think Rucksack and Bella would get on well - they could have 'snoozing competitions' and take it in turn to bark at people who interrupted their snoozing!

Lynn?
Where is she? Come on Lynn! We are WAITING!

I've often said 'if you don't like dogs we probably won't like you'. I think that could be turned around for all the lovely cyber pals I have here on Dogsey - 'if you DO like dogs I probably WILL like you!'

And in cases like where I said I don't want to worry my kids about stuff - it REALLY helps if you can have a good old moan about it here among 'friends' where your kids can't see you lol!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Morning all! Just stopping in to say hi before bundling up to head to work. It's a balmy -10 this morning. My bad knee is acting up badly today. I slipped on the ice a few times in the last couple of days, and while I never fell, I jarred it a bit each time... so I suppose that's why its sore.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Morning all! Just stopping in to say hi before bundling up to head to work. It's a balmy -10 this morning. My bad knee is acting up badly today. I slipped on the ice a few times in the last couple of days, and while I never fell, I jarred it a bit each time... so I suppose that's why its sore.
Hello Sara,
Balmy minus 10? LOL!
I sympathise with the knee pain. It was the ice in the UK that was responsible for my worst joint injury and problem ever. Took over 2yrs to get as good as it is now. The knee is a very complex joint. And you must try to be careful!

I am in fact dreading Xmas in the UK with these forecasts of more snow and ice than ever before. I will be bluddy scared to MOVE out on ice! I think part of the problem is too many years spent where you never have to even think about it.

I think I will check out some thigh length UGGS! That should do the trick - at least a bit of protection!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Breaking News
Mabs hasn't had lunch. She was quite happy to go a walk round and even did a sort of fatty lope after the ball a couple of times, refused lunch, I gave her her wormer, she took a bone off me and dropped it straight away and flew straight into the back of the puppy palace. Going out for wood now, I may need it tonight!!!
Jenny, I actually spoke to Sasha's family by mistake a few weeks ago, I have 2 people with the same name on my phonebook, and rang the wrong one, who turned out to be the lady who took Sasha, we had a pleasant conversation after a few minutes of confusion, and she promised to send me piccies - still waiting Never going to hear about Ash again am I, he has never been paid for. That will toughen me up alright, because I won't ever let anyone pay that way again, so it has ruined it for the very honest people out there, and there are probably more of those than there are of the other type.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Morning all....

I have skim read the thread and Helena I hope Dave is ok, and agree with jenny that you are a brilliant friend and a great shoulder to cry on, I expect Zena was the same to the GSD's.

Jenny pleased Flash is doing ok, and awwwww to the doglets missing each other, ours are the same!!

TW *sits tapping fingers on side waiting for Mabs* and Happy Birfday Keishi!

Good luck with the job Lore!!

and Hello *waves* to everyone else... hugs to Malka and Pereg, hope all poorly dogs and peeps get betters soon!

Right well day 3 of the job and so far so good, actually got some real work to be getting on with today which is nice.. and more training later today.. I am KNACKERED... not used to having a strict routine!!! ha ha

The girls have been going to daycare this week as it relieves me from walking duties and having to worry about them etc... any way the guy comes and picks them up and off they go in the van with the other doglets.. and the I collect them after I am done training.. changes to routine means we are all TIRED!!!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Breaking News
Mabs hasn't had lunch. She was quite happy to go a walk round and even did a sort of fatty lope after the ball a couple of times, refused lunch, I gave her her wormer, she took a bone off me and dropped it straight away and flew straight into the back of the puppy palace. Going out for wood now, I may need it tonight!!!
Jenny, I actually spoke to Sasha's family by mistake a few weeks ago, I have 2 people with the same name on my phonebook, and rang the wrong one, who turned out to be the lady who took Sasha, we had a pleasant conversation after a few minutes of confusion, and she promised to send me piccies - still waiting Never going to hear about Ash again am I, he has never been paid for. That will toughen me up alright, because I won't ever let anyone pay that way again, so it has ruined it for the very honest people out there, and there are probably more of those than there are of the other type.
*gasp* waiting with baited breath!!!
Page 3 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »