Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Dear I love my 10 dogs
.....you don`t know a girl who has a big house and many acres and keeps 17 horses and lots of dogs just outside Bristol do you?

Or is that you?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by ILoveMy10Dogs View Post
Precious Angel-no trace on KC site of dog
Red Rousa-No health testing done
Magic Kukka-No health testing done
Says it all really the two that have no health testing done on them also have parents who haven't been health tested

Interestingly if the two dogs that are registered with the KC are bred together this would be the result a COI of 20.9% !!!!!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Haha. I used to be a Farrior and have only recently (4years ago) decided to quit! I earned about 560pounds every two HOURS so I had quite alot of money, now I am a qualified dog walker and I work for Bubbles&Soaps (dog cleaner) so I am just getting on top of my tax and insurance and I got my dogs hip-scored and eye-tested (accept the pup!) this year with my Mum's will money, she had told me to use it on the animals. So, I did. It costs soo much but I did it! I would never breed without it! And, my sisters rabbit died so only have one left (she lives with me and pays rent so get money there too!) It doesn't costs me that much for the rabbit, only £2.00 for food for three days and I get staw from my horses too so I just share it out! Please, if you are ALL saying that I shouldn't breed my dogs for some reason, then just go away!
Oh dear.
Do you have someone keeping an eye on you? Have a chat to them, eh?
I think you need to back off from this and look at what`s real and what isn`t.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:48 AM
What's your BCs name as I have lots of friends down your way who do Rally-O & Obedeince
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Quite a few, I expect! So, just leave her out of it please! She is a decent lady who is a Classified Breeder from The Kennel Club and also, has confirmation to do it so, leave her out of it as she lovers her Huskies and so do I!
So there are "quite a few" Husky breeders named Tracey Crump are there?

There are 43 people named Tracey Crump on the electoral roll in the UK.

Bit of a coincidence to find "quite a few" people named Tracey Crump who breed Huskies out of just 43 in the whole of the UK then, eh?

I am rather worried about all your animals though. What is it? Ten dogs, three horses, how many cats? Rabbits?

Who is looking after this menagerie of yours while you are spending so much time on this Forum? It will set my mind at ease to know that your animals are being looked after while you are otherwise occupied.

May I ask how old you are please? Just so that I can understand your situation clearly.

Thank you dear.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I DO NOT BREED ON A PUPPY FARM AND MY FRIEND DOES NOT EITHER! THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME CRY MY EYES OUT WHEN I WENT TO BED LAST NIGHT!
Please show me where I said YOU OR YOUR FRIEND breed as a puppy farm...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Excuse me, taht MUST be another Tracey Crump as I can guarentee you that she has hip-scored and eye-tested ALL her dogs as when I went to have my first litter with my Huskies last year, she showed my the papers and results. All her Huskies are KC registered and Champions. The are all in her name and are all look after properly. I would just like to say, if she sees this, she will NOT be happy as she loves her Huskies as much as all of you guys put together. So, if you are going to make first judgments, make sure you actually know who you are talking about!

My, ALL her dogs are champions!!!!!!!!!!!

She must be one lucky lady, something not a lot of people would be able to claim, , that every dog they have bred have achieved champion status

Haha. I used to be a Farrior and have only recently (4years ago) decided to quit! I earned about 560pounds every two HOURS !
Jezz, you must have been the fastest farrier in the west to be able to have made that kind of money.

BTW, its a bit strange that a farrier cant spell the occupation he/she has been involved in , dont you think.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes! She has two helpers! She is very good breeder. She has been breeding for about 20 years or so...
Just out of interest - how old is this Tracy Crump? I know we can all have friends much older or younger than ourselves, but your posts make you sound VERY young. If this woman has been breeding for 20 years, she much be a lot older than you yourself sound from the way your posts are written.
Furthermore, her own post on a differetn site states she's been breeding for 8 years. Is she telling lies or are you?

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How wonderful!
Why are you guys having a go at me?
I love my Huskies and I will stop Breeding my Huskies if it will prove that I love them!
You're being ridiculous. Nobody has said you have to stop breeding but you've yet to answer some very valid questions about WHY you are breeding. You have been asked WHAT your breeding program brings to the breed and your only answer is that your dogs bring a lot to the breed. So you've not answered butr only side-stepped every question you've been asked so far.

Excuse me, taht MUST be another Tracey Crump as I can guarentee you that she has hip-scored and eye-tested ALL her dogs as when I went to have my first litter with my Huskies last year, she showed my the papers and results. All her Huskies are KC registered and Champions. The are all in her name and are all look after properly. I would just like to say, if she sees this, she will NOT be happy as she loves her Huskies as much as all of you guys put together. So, if you are going to make first judgments, make sure you actually know who you are talking about!
Nobody has said Tracy Crump doesn't look after her dogs properly. You say they are ALL champions. I don't believe you. Also, stating that she won't be at all happy if she saw this thread, then good. Maybe she'll think about what she's doing. If she's not running a puppy farm then what is it? At the very least she's a commercial breeder and is in it for the money, not for the love of the breed.

I DO NOT BREED ON A PUPPY FARM AND MY FRIEND DOES NOT EITHER! THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME CRY MY EYES OUT WHEN I WENT TO BED LAST NIGHT!
If you're going to cry because people have given their opinion and asked questions then why are you here? You asked about showing - you should have already shown your dogs long before breeding them. Furthermore, Crufts and other Champ shows are the same as any other KC show. You wait your turn, wear your number, take your dogs into the ring, hope they do as they should do and look pretty, then you hope they get placed or qualify for a higher show. If you are crying your eyes out because of comments on here (valid opinionsd and questions) then you need to look at why you're so sensitive.

Haha. I used to be a Farrior and have only recently (4years ago) decided to quit! I earned about 560pounds every two HOURS so I had quite alot of money, now I am a qualified dog walker and I work for Bubbles&Soaps (dog cleaner) so I am just getting on top of my tax and insurance and I got my dogs hip-scored and eye-tested (accept the pup!) this year with my Mum's will money, she had told me to use it on the animals. So, I did. It costs soo much but I did it! I would never breed without it! And, my sisters rabbit died so only have one left (she lives with me and pays rent so get money there too!) It doesn't costs me that much for the rabbit, only £2.00 for food for three days and I get staw from my horses too so I just share it out! Please, if you are ALL saying that I shouldn't breed my dogs for some reason, then just go away!
You are a newcomer to this board. Nobody has told you to go away. You are in NO position to tell long standing, more established members to go away purely because you don't like what they post. This is the internet and you will ALWAYS have comments you don't like or agree with. If you think you will onyl get answers you like the sound of, you are VERY sorely mistaken.

I am not churning them out for pet market! You know what, you are all making me think that I should give away my Huskies (which I would hate as I love my dogs, all the same as each other, my dogs that aren't Huskies aren't getting this problem if I said I was breeding my Border Collie as I worked with a Border Collie Breeder and she had an accidental litter!) You know what, stuff you, stuff you all!
Oooohh, "stuff you all". Again you don't like what you've read. Big deal. TYour dogs haven't been health tested, cannot be found on the KC site and you're planniogn on breeding a bitch you have no idea about in terms of maturity, temperament etc. Certainly NOT the actins of a reputable or ethical breeder.

ARG! You know what, I am breeding them because the bring alot to the breed and they are ALL healthy and if I have to, I will stop, if I must just to show I care, you made me cry last night!
Breeding as you are shows you don't care abou tthe breed imo. It has no bearing on whether you care about your dogs individually; although why would you put a bitch through a pregnancy etc without health testing if you cared for her? You say your dogs bring a lot to the breed. Well exatly WHAT do they offer? What are the advantages to the BREED fo ryou to reproduce more pups from your dogs? What is it that is so special about YOUR dogs with respect to the BREED specifically?

Quite a few, I expect! So, just leave her out of it please! She is a decent lady who is a Classified Breeder from The Kennel Club and also, has confirmation to do it so, leave her out of it as she lovers her Huskies and so do I!
No, I cried because you have said that I don't love my dogs but I do! My dogs are the best thing in my life, I would give up anything for them and i have already told you what I bring to the breed! Just shut up!
Who has said you don't love your dogs? Stop trying to be clever and taking the emphasis away from the fact that you are breeding dogs for no real reason other than you can and you can charge money for them. You say you have said what you bring to the breed. No you haven't. Maybe you can answer that now seeing as you haven't already answered that question? You see, refusing to answer such questions just heightens peoples' suspicion of your reasons for breeding.
Why are you telling people to "just shut up"? Is it because you don't like what you're reading? If members have got the wrong end of the stick then put us all in the picture by answering the questons already ansqwered and stop behaing like a 12 year old telling people to go away or shut up. This serves only to prove how immature and silly you are.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-07-2011, 11:46 AM
@ ILovemy10dogs

Where to start.............................................

To answer your original question - To qualify for Crufts, your dog must win certain classes at a KC Championship Show or by winning at certain other shows (not sure of the details). These are the regulations - http://www.crufts.org.uk/crufts-2011-qualification

You can find all the Championship Shows here: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/568

If you genuinely want to get into showing, it would be best to find a ringcraft class locally or a mentor who is into showing themselves.

On the question of breeding from your Siberian Huskies - you should be aware that there is a real rescue crisis in the breed at the moment and the vast majority of the dogs in rescue have been bred by people who (with all due respect) seem, like you, not to have much grasp of the realities of the breed or breeding and have just bred their pets and sold them on to naive and unprepared new owners. I know this because I help run the largest and busiest Husky Rescue organisation in the UK. In just four years we have taken in and rehomed over 500 unwanted Siberian Huskies - all but about three bred by people we would regard as unethical, irresponsible breeders.
If you want to breed responsibly and ethically, you will need to follow these guidelines:

All dogs you breed will be bred Kennel Club registered and the pups will be KC registered. KC registration is not a 100% guarantee, but it is a strong indication that the pedigree of the dogs are accurate and honest.

You will work and/or show your dogs? If not, why are you breeding? Most good breeders breed litters to improve their teams either for the showring, the trail or both. If they are doing neither you have to assume that their main motivation is cash! - not the best reason for breeding dogs

How easy do you make it to buy a puppy? If you don’t give prospective buyers the (friendly) third degree about their knowledge of the breed, the security of their house and garden etc, you will not be acting as a responsible breeder.

Will the prospective buyers be able to see the mum and dad and all your other dogs? You can learn a lot from the condition and temperament of the adult dogs in a breeder’s kennel. As a breeder you may have gone “outside” for a mating, so you won’t actually own the stud dog, but you should be able to show prospective owners pictures, pedigree and health certification for the dad as well as the mum.

Have the appropriate health tests for the breed been carried out on the parents? Although as a breed, the Siberian Husky is very healthy, all responsible breeders will screen their dogs for hereditary defects. In particular they should be checked for hip and eye defects. Have you also researched the parents lines backwards for several generations to uncover the possibility of genetic conditions skipping a generation of two?

How old is the mother and how many litters has she had? No bitch should be bred before the age of 2 years or after the age of 7. There should be at least a year between successive matings and no bitch should have more than three litters in her lifetime.

Was your litter planned or was it “accidental”? Post mating contraceptive injections have been available from vets for years and there is no excuse for “accidental” matings. It is surprising how many bad breeders have “accidental” mating after “ accidental” mating.

Will you expect the new owners to sign a contract of sale in which you undertake to return the dog direct to you if for any reason they cannot keep it, and in which they acknowledge that the dog has breeding/export restrictions which you, as the breeder, have placed on its KC papers and cannot be bred from without agreement from you
You are congratulated for wanting to get into showing your dogs - after all, in the absence of any long distance snowy trails in the UK, the showring is one of our most important arenas for assessing the quality of our dogs. What happens however if your dogs are not successful in the showring? In effect, a dog that fails in the showring is a dog that judges feel isn't good enough for breeding. Would the lack of success in the showring make you change your mind about breeding?

What I would suggest is that you put your breeding plans on hold until you have learned a lot more about the breed - preferably by finding yourself an experienced mentor who both works and shows their dogs.

I've been interested in the breed for 20 years now and have owned Siberians for 17 years and I have to say I've never come across your friend in either the showring or on the trail, and I think that if anyone had produced 13 Champions, she would be pretty well known in show circles.

The negative comments you have received so far in this discussion have been made by people who have the best interests of our wonderful breed at heart and have, like me. been dismayed and disgusted by the state of the breed in the UK today. Because of people who have bred thoughtlessly or simply for money - whether they are large scale puppy farmers, backyard breeders or naive/stupid/greedy "pet" breeders - the Siberian Husky is in a lot of trouble in the UK today and we are doing our best to prevent the situation getting even worse.

Mick
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I thank you for this! I am not breeding in a Puppy Farm and I hate that too! And, my friend, is also a Classified Breeder and also feels bad about puppy Farming! I hope you don't think we are doing anything like this!
No, I cried because you have said that I don't love my dogs but I do! My dogs are the best thing in my life, I would give up anything for them and i have already told you what I bring to the breed! Just shut up!
I am sorry you are upset and I can totaly understand as it is a very emotive issue

People are trying to understand and so ask questions, from what you have posted the information does sound alarm bells for many people

From many many threads on breeding the main dogsey view on a GOOD breeder is a person who

Has lots of years experience in the breed and is a expert in the breed
most likely that h uge passion for the breed means they also work with breed rescues and are aware of the extent of the rehoming problems in their breed

Only breed from the best examples they can (health temprament and looks/ability), have great understanding of the faults of their bitch as well as the good points so they know what dog will compliment them

only breed when they need a pup and have quality homes lined up before they breed

Take back any pup ever if there is a problem with the home

In general this is the dogsey line on breeding
so some of your answers ring alarm bells with people
over an internet we dont really know what the truth is so have to ask questions

Not having a go or anything here - just kind of giving you a heads up - I dont know what you do or dont do

imo there are lots of types of puppy farmers - some are horrible and the dogs are kept in horrible conditions
BUT anyone who is breeding dogs for profit is a puppy farmer
Page 16 of 54 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »