Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Anyone else on Etsy?? place to get crafty gifts

On a wonder of the web a wee while ago I found etsy
and I have to say I am in love with it
Everyone selling there has to be selling things they have hand made - and there is an alchamy section where if you want a special gift for someone you put up what you want and how much you want to pay and people from all over the world offer to make it for you

If you make stuff its also cheeper than a certain other site to list on - $0.20 for 4 months in your shop that you get for free (Im BenMcfuzzylugs of course)
Anyone else on there??
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I'll have to go and have a look. I've been building up my jewellery stock and been thinking of places to sell. Some of it I give to our hospice shop to sell, but if I can sell some to make a bit to buy more supplies all the better
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
never heard of it but will have a look now- thanks
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I'll have to go and have a look. I've been building up my jewellery stock and been thinking of places to sell. Some of it I give to our hospice shop to sell, but if I can sell some to make a bit to buy more supplies all the better
Cool I love jewellery, id love a lookLet me know the name if you get a shop upI had never heard of it either but it seems really big worldwide - and lets face it in the UK people dont really want to pay for craft stuff - I know I am guilty of that too - but in the rest of the world - espec the USA people really appreciate handmade stuff and pay for the work that goes into it
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Are you going to ship stuff to America Ben McF?

I had a look at the site and it looks really nice - very professional.

I'll have to get a load more made before I set up shop - my latest lot is all going to the hospice shop. I'm getting 10 reels of coloured wire off Ebay, I'm dead excited about it

Loved seeing more of your ickle dogs. Mini Bryan has pride of place on our mantlepiece. I show him to EVERYONE who comes to the house (the gas man looked at me a bit strangely when I showed him ).
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
yup I looked into it and it costs £1.14 to send a dog to the uk and only £1.64 to airmail to the USA so I figured why not

you dont need tonnes of stuff to set up a shop but if thats what you want then cool.I have to stop buying wool and stuff - just bought some lovely colours and I so cant wait
and a bonus I forgot everything was in dollars so it came in at 1/2 the price I was expecting - result!

aww glad you like him hun - its so scary doing them for people!! guess I will get used to it
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll have to have a look on Etsy for supplies too. I didn't realise it was so cheap to post to the USA.

Are you using Paypal for payments? I've never accepted payment via Paypal, just used it to buy stuff.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I know I was amazed!! all you need is the post office has a wee sticky and you fill in what is inside the parcel you are sending

Yup I am using paypal - really easy, etsy just works like ebay so they pay direct into your paypal account and then you can take it out or spend it
Havent had to figure out how to take money out of paypal yet as I always find something new to buy
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I know, I've been looking at all the lovely beads and stuff. I might buy some recycled sari yarn - it's only $9 per skein. Don't know what I'd use it for, but it looks lovely

When you use Paypal for recieving payments, does Paypal take a cut?

I'll set up an Etsy account sometime over the weekend.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh yeah that the problem there is so much nice stuff that you have no idea what you would use it for
I have just bought about 40 glass eyes for the doggies - had to they were in such nice colours

Paypal does take a cut - I cant rem wht % but its not that much - you could factor that in your fees

Cool lookforward to seeing your work
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >