View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 07:54 PM
This is heartbreaking Anne, I sooooo wish I could do something to help, I would take that dog in NOW if I was nearby I can't bear to think of her suffering like that, can't we all inundate the RSPCA website or something about this poor dog so they do something about it? What can we do?

Can't you just take her away and take her to a rescue centre in the morning or something? Nobody could prosecute you over it surely?This is awful, and poor you having to witness it all and feel so helpless.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2006, 07:58 PM
She's confused alright. Firstly left alone in a flat for the best part of a week alone. Then there was the attempted break in last night and by the look of the door they must have made a hell of a noise. Then the police smashed the door in and she was found hiding under a table shaking

I've been calling her Sweetpea all day, think that can be her name from now on
Annestaff
Supervisor

28-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Can't you just take her away and take her to a rescue centre in the morning or something? Nobody could prosecute you over it surely?This is awful, and poor you having to witness it all and feel so helpless.
I'm looking into this Helena
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2006, 08:02 PM
only other thing is phone your local dog warden, if you can get hold of them tell them the story so far and ask for advice.
i know our local police station have a kennel where they hold strays but in all honesty she would probably be better with you both.
i dunno if yours is the same maybe its worth a call just to get some info on what you can do, won't the council have the details for the old couple?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:07 PM
What a sad looking dog. I wish I was nearer too I'd look after her. Bless she must be so frightened and disorientated. This is so awful, bless her. I just don't get how anyone could do that to her, if she is old and frail, they must have had her a while. Maybe something has happened to one of them and they haven't been able to get back? How awful.
Anne, are you in a position to look after her tonight? Do you know anyone else who could???
Axxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Aww bless she really is a sweetpea isn't she.

Hope you get the matter sorted soon, she's very lucky to have found you and your daughter.
Annestaff
Supervisor

28-08-2006, 08:23 PM
only other thing is phone your local dog warden,
Hi Leo, I tried the Dog Warden and guess what?? There's noone available until tomorrow at 8am

i know our local police station have a kennel where they hold strays
So does ours but TBH I won't sleep tonight if I handed her into the police.

Anne, are you in a position to look after her tonight?
She's ok for tonight she's with my daughter and I will go up tomorrow when my daughter goes out to keep an eye on her, and carry on waiting for the RSPCA.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Anne you and your daughter are total stars. Well done and big hugs cos you deserve them! Axxxx
Annestaff
Supervisor

28-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank Aisla but I'm only doing what every animal lover would do and I know what all you lot would do too
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Heartbreaking story and that picture of poor sweet pea.. .. she really does look so unhappy .. Thank goodness you are, who you are and are doing all you can to sort the situation out for her.. Hugs to you Annie for your kind heart

Rachel
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >