View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 10:14 PM
There was a website in US last year selling them as very rare and healthy but then again this was the same site that was selling teacup dogs and was willing to ship them anywhere. Hopefully people will read this thread and realise why owning a dog like this will always end in heartache.
Mary
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2005, 09:04 PM
At the end of the day there are alsways people breeding for money. This is with every breed! /and unsuitable standard (health) e.g. long haired husky, Pug?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Footybird11
At the end of the day there are alsways people breeding for money. This is with every breed! /and unsuitable standard (health) e.g. long haired husky, Pug?
Very true, sadly. If these dogs "crop up" from breeding "normal" Dobes then I see nothing wrong in owning one. But if they're deliberately being bred from then it's disgraceful, they can't seriously call themselves dog lovers.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 05:44 AM
No, they don't just appear, they are specifically bred.
Dawn.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Freaky
senorita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello
I am glad that this thread was posted, i was not aware that the Albino Doberman had defects, i always thought they were just rare and beautiful creature, i am so glad to know that because at one point i actually wanted one, but now... i would not participate in bad breeding for any animal.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
No, they don't just appear, they are specifically bred.
Dawn.
Oh right, thought they'd appear in the gene pool like animals in the wild? Surely if someone bred two dogs that carried the gene but didn't know about it wouldn't that be classed as accidental, but still possible?
Saw an albino crow once, bizarre!
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Oh right, thought they'd appear in the gene pool like animals in the wild? Surely if someone bred two dogs that carried the gene but didn't know about it wouldn't that be classed as accidental, but still possible?
Saw an albino crow once, bizarre!
Thats how I believe it to be too. It can happen in all animals!?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I've never heard (or seen) one either - personally I think it looks ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess!

As for breeding these deliberately for big profit, knowing full well of these defects the breeders want shot. At the very least they should be banned from registering at the Kennel Club and perhaps the standard re-written to include albino colouring as not recognized (like white GSDs).

You just feel sorry for the dogs.
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-04-2005, 05:18 PM
The big problem with these albino dobs is that they will spread through the entire gene pool of dogs of this i have no doubt because there will be people out their who will crossbreed these albinos with other breeds of dogs to introduce the albino gene into that breed of dogs and sell them for massive profits too (rottie people look out you could be first) ...like the UK seems to be a place where dogs get crossbred most with the crossbreeders swearing the crossbreeds are better than the originals ...but anyway in the case of albinos all breeds better look out and use dna to their advantage before albinos are introduced to their breed
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >