Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I've found a few....but Dogsey is one of the best.
I'll second that.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I'll second that.
Too true! I don't know about you Dennis, but I've certainly not found a place like Dogsey?!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 03:00 AM
I have to say I stick pretty much to dogsey, its just better in all ways than many others, there is always someone on line, its got a big member base, It takes me so long to catch up with all thats going on in this site it kinda makes posting on other sites a chore, so I tend to stick with what I know, Plus when we debate on here we remain friends lol I think x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 07:56 AM
I think you have to remember that the posters on forums could be - well, anybody! A forum really is only as good as its Moderators - some forums let people run on till they get a complaint I suppose while others are more on the ball. I find if you get a reply you don`t like you have 2 options - come back and fight your corner, or ignore it. It`s not personal, however much it feels like it. And it`s bit like yesterdays news being todays chip-paper - leave it for a couple of days and then it`ll disappear!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:03 AM
There are other dog forums????

Seriously though, i am only on one other forum which is the Shar pei one and i VERY RARELY post on there, only if i have a breed specific question.

Its Dogsey all the way for me, much more of a community feel and we have such a good laugh.

Go Dogsey!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
A forum really is only as good as its Moderators
Very true - and we have Azz, Mini, Carole and Annestaff to thank for moderating this site in a superb manner, enabling all topics to be covered sensibly and with the relevant amount of compassion.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:13 AM
I do go on another dog forum which used to be terrible for jumping down peoples throats. I came in for a lot of stick and rudeness from them when I joined as they are mostly against nuetering and spaying and I am very much for and would speak out about it. They also like raw feeding which I don't do after one of my dogs got very ill on it. I am not against it as each dog is different and thrives differently but I posted about the other side to it which met with hostility.
However i have to say lately it has become better and most have become more tolerant to new people wanting advice and they accept my views without blasting me.
Luckily I am thick skinned and they didn't put me off and gave up when they realised they wouldn't change me or my views and I had no intention of keeping them quiet either.
You really can't beat Dogsey though and I would reccomend here to anyone it is the number 1 dog site in my opinion.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:17 AM
I belong to a couple of other forums (not just dog ones!) This is by far my favourite and I don't feel I have to edit what I say in case someone jumps on me!! I admitted I had problems when I first got deacon and you were all fabulous and gave me great advice and support Its like being amongst friends!!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:52 AM
dogsey is the best and the only site i go on know as it is a family unit on here we help everyone and are there for old and new not just for the dogs but the people as well, with all you guys i would not be here you keep me going so keep up the good work that you do from your heart not just your head guys. thank you all for the help you have given me.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I too used to belong to another forum and got a lot of abuse once for daring to question someones way of doing something. I wasn't being critical, just curious but the abuse I got was almost frightening. I found Dogsey purely by accident and I have to admit that I followed the posts closely to see what you were all like before I joined.

I joined when I got Teddy as I knew by then that you were all 'human' so to speak and that people on here can have opinions and ideas without be slated for it. Also it's nice because you can all watch Teddy growing up and I can get to know all your dog antics and make some new friends too.

In the very short time I've been here, I have been made so welcome and now I find myself spending so much time on here that its almost addictive.

Thanks everyone for being so 'normal'

Julie and Teddy
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >