register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 09:17 PM
If the SSPCA have a pregnant dog in I would have thought they would have put her out to a breed rescue or someone experienced so that she could have her puppies in a safe environment then when old enough they would be rehomed? is that not the standard practise of rescues? .
I wonder if the people who have booked this bitch are aware she may be pregnant?
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I know a couple viewed this bitch on Sat and they wanted to take but they were told she was`nt up for rehoming because she may be pregnant,
I would be very interested to know if the people she is going to knows all the facts.

It is standard practice to contact breed rescues but we were told by Inpector Attitude he did`nt have the time to call us and HE was qualified to rehome himself,
The good news is Head Quarters seemed to be outraged too and will act on our letter of complaint. yvonne
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Good on you Yvonne- lets hope they change things
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I have heard of people finding injured animals and getting no help from the SSPCA and they were no help to me when I phoned them after I found all the Crows that had been shot by the gamekeeper out of their nests ,there was lots of injured ones wandering about and lying about ,for one the guy broke the law by not doing it humainly and they didnt even check to see if he had a licence to do it ,I had to take boxes of them to the vets and lots of them needed to be PTS thankfully a few could be saved as long as I could keep them and care for them
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-01-2005, 01:03 AM
I have never had any help from the SSPCA when an injured or lost animal has come my way. I have even had to take in stray dogs until I can get them into rehoming kennels.

I don't think very highly of the organisation and it upsets me to think of Scotlands animals being let down in this way. I have heard many, many stories from people of the SSPCA refusing or not able to go and help animals.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 08:19 AM
I have been assured that in future the sspca will contact boxer welfare when they have a boxer that comes in orat least advice the people that there is a breed rescue dont know if it is because I have caused an upset or not but at least it has made them in the head quarters aware of the situation
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 09:56 AM
good for you lorraine
I will keep nipping their heels as well!

I know they work closely with GAL to rehome dogs, and Ive ben told they work with other breed rescues so hopefully you can get them to keep you informed if any boxers come in, although I think visiting regularly helps get your face known too, I think GAL go down there about once a week to check out the dogs.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 03:31 PM
will have to see if someone in the area can check it out for me with me in peterhead not feasible and yvonne and jackie are a bit far as well ANYONE want the job ?????????
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Where exactly are they?
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I can nip over to Bothwell at the weekend, its not far from me, if you like but they have allready told me that she is reserved so I wouldnt be able to take her out to hand her over to rescue, allready asked and was told no
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >