Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:33 PM

sspca-does it stand for stupid-sllly-people-callous-attitude

I phoned the sspca today after being told that they had a young boxer bitch in their kennels to see if I could buy her and rehome-her with people that knew the breed and understood them I was told NO she is booked I found out all you need is a form of id and hand over your cash collact the dog and go horrific and thats from knowlegable people I dont think so I got in touch with their head office and they thought home-checks were done and they are not the man I spoke to said if I wanted to put in a complaint about him to send a letter to him dah! what good would this do the headoffice have said it would be looked into and that the dog in question maybe in pup they were not sure DO THE PEOPLE KNOW interesting to see what happens next
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2005, 07:35 PM
thats what happens at our local cat and dog home in Glasgow
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer
I phoned the sspca today after being told that they had a young boxer bitch in their kennels to see if I could buy her and rehome-her with people that knew the breed and understood them I was told NO she is booked I found out all you need is a form of id and hand over your cash collact the dog and go horrific and thats from knowlegable people I dont think so I got in touch with their head office and they thought home-checks were done and they are not the man I spoke to said if I wanted to put in a complaint about him to send a letter to him dah! what good would this do the headoffice have said it would be looked into and that the dog in question maybe in pup they were not sure DO THE PEOPLE KNOW interesting to see what happens next
I meant collect the dog and go home not horrific but then again I am annoyed about this
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:41 PM
The SSPCA are supposed to be a caring society,from what I have seen they do not care at all!!!!!!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:42 PM
the cat and dog home in glasgow is one of the ones that the head office thought all had home-checks done along with others I know that even this is not foolproof but a name is not enough to get a dog
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Its the same with one of the big rescue centres here....turn up and go away with a dog!
Carole
Supervisor

25-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I know someone who got a dog a few years ago from the C&D home and they just walked in picked a dog and collected the dog next day.

Maybe they are doing homechecks now I hope so.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:54 PM
no they are not doing home-checks but their ho think they are now that I have reported the silly wee man things might change I hope so
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I know for a fact the dandc home in aberdeen do not do homechecks, all they ask for is id
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

25-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Its disgusting!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »