View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm with Tiscali and dogsey is just fine..
AOL is pants though, we changed from them a few years back because it seemed like we were mostly paying for all of their awful obnoxious software! The connection was terrible, and every time it cut out AOL would sign out and you'd loose whatever you were doing, what a pointless thing. It might help if you guys tried a different browser, firefox and opera are really good (better than IE as well) and they don't take ten thousand years to load either
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Well still can't get onto Dogsey through AOL, but thank goodness I can get it through IE. But it's just a pain swapping back and forth. AOL will blame anyone but themselves first its the local exchange, then its my pc and then its the Dogsey website. It's none of those so it must be AOL.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Sorry H but this really made me laugh, I have such a funny image of you in my head
Don't be sorry, I can imagine that picture! Lol! I won't let anything beat me ya see, but I'm afraid that one did!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Errr...don't know if its a general prob but I habn't been able to get on dogsey since lateafternoon it kept saying server busy ....have tried regularly till now and it finally worked tried googling dogsey and yahooing it and going through firefox and ie and still the same

But back now!!
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm using IE and have virgin media as my isp, although they are fairly reliable and have been very stable the phone support is a joke! I've had no problems acessing dogsey whatsoever!

there is two standing jokes about aol though, one is that it's commonly know as AOhell!!! and the other one is that if you want to remove aol from your system the best method is to do a reinstall! as it's been known in the past to cause large headaches hehe.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Harleygjc View Post
I'm using IE and have virgin media as my isp, although they are fairly reliable and have been very stable the phone support is a joke! I've had no problems acessing dogsey whatsoever!

there is two standing jokes about aol though, one is that it's commonly know as AOhell!!! and the other one is that if you want to remove aol from your system the best method is to do a reinstall! as it's been known in the past to cause large headaches hehe.
My OH did the reinstall bit but it made not a jot of difference, I just lost loads of emails and stuff in the process

I couldn't even access on IE over the weekend, could only get on at all via the Dogsey pm server. A real pain. I want to move from AOL but for some reason the OH seems against it. He's always going to arrange something else, but never does AOHell is about right, I'd say
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
My OH did the reinstall bit but it made not a jot of difference, I just lost loads of emails and stuff in the process

I couldn't even access on IE over the weekend, could only get on at all via the Dogsey pm server. A real pain. I want to move from AOL but for some reason the OH seems against it. He's always going to arrange something else, but never does AOHell is about right, I'd say
My son did a reinstall on his pc as well and no difference. And my o/h says well it's only Dogsey you have trouble with so thats not so bad. Does he realize how important Dogsey is to us?
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-04-2009, 11:32 AM
what I meant was to totally get rid of aohell was to reinstall windows and NOT put aohell back on, did you do the reinstall and put aohell back on after? if so then that answers the problem that aohell is causing the problem in getting on dogsey.

Not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that the aohell software digs it self in so deep that a reinstall is the only way to fully get rid of it! but I do know that they have one of the worst reputations a isp could ask for.
buddi bo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Hi, i am on AOL and this is the 1st time i have been able to get on Dogsey for months, i have just installed AOL 9 VR and it all seems to be running much better, i think 9 must have been a joke version, cos it never worked very well for me.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi Buddi bo, I have been able to get back on dogsey in the last week, but afraid to say too much in case I jinxed it and it went off again. I don't know what happened but I just tried it one morning and was shocked to be able to get back on without going through Internet Explorer.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >