Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2008, 07:57 PM

weight loss

at last my e spinger keira whos nearly 7 has lost weight . weighed her today and shes lost 1.1 kg since just befor xmas. shes got slight arthritus in her front legs, and she was 26.85kgs (very obese) tried everything to get her to loose weight she lost a bit then put on again. vet nurse suggested chappie. shes been on it for a couple of months now and can now see the difference shes getting a waist. ive never fed my dogs on anything but dog food,she never got titbits but wasnt told by old vet that when she was spayed five years ago to drop her food a bit. jsut another 3-4 kilos to lose then shell be fine!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
at last my e spinger keira whos nearly 7 has lost weight . weighed her today and shes lost 1.1 kg since just befor xmas. shes got slight arthritus in her front legs, and she was 26.85kgs (very obese) tried everything to get her to loose weight she lost a bit then put on again. vet nurse suggested chappie. shes been on it for a couple of months now and can now see the difference shes getting a waist. ive never fed my dogs on anything but dog food,she never got titbits but wasnt told by old vet that when she was spayed five years ago to drop her food a bit. jsut another 3-4 kilos to lose then shell be fine!
How is she now?
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Well done, I hope she is feeling better - less weight means less stress on her joints. Our mum bulks up out 'diet' food with things like grated carrot and shredded cabbage (both raw) which makes us feel full but as we cant digest it doesnt add any calories...

THalice-Malice
Slightly hungry and slightly overweight English Setter
:smt024
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2008, 02:34 AM
Great to read this.

Is she a 'big' show type ? 26.85kgs is fairly heavy. Great news to hear the weight is coming off.

This thread caught my eye as Fingal (my Springer) is 8 years old and despite being a small working type - piled on the weight at a young age due to an illness that required a lengthy couse of steroids.

This might sound like a nightmare but his condition meant he had to have very little in the way of exercise which for any young springer is a challenge, but for a young springer on steroids it's just about impossible.

Anyway - once 'over' his condition we started him on a diet at about 5years of age. It took a year or so but we got there in the end.

The pics might not really show the difference but (haircut aside) here he is before and after his fair old weight loss.

For us it was Wagg. They've all done well on it despite being a 'cheap' food. Glad you've found something that Keira is doing well on.

Keep us posted.............

Fingal Before...

[IMG][/IMG]

Fingal after...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2008, 12:04 PM
oh thats great news hun so pleased you have found some thing to help keep up the good work both of you
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Great to read this.

Is she a 'big' show type ? 26.85kgs is fairly heavy. Great news to hear the weight is coming off.

This thread caught my eye as Fingal (my Springer) is 8 years old and despite being a small working type - piled on the weight at a young age due to an illness that required a lengthy couse of steroids.

This might sound like a nightmare but his condition meant he had to have very little in the way of exercise which for any young springer is a challenge, but for a young springer on steroids it's just about impossible.

Anyway - once 'over' his condition we started him on a diet at about 5years of age. It took a year or so but we got there in the end.

The pics might not really show the difference but (haircut aside) here he is before and after his fair old weight loss.

For us it was Wagg. They've all done well on it despite being a 'cheap' food. Glad you've found something that Keira is doing well on.

Keep us posted.............

Fingal Before...

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Fingal after...

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]
Fingal looks wonderful.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Well done, nothing harder than having to lose weight. Keep up the good work.