View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:53 AM

I need to quit forgetting I have a rediculously smart dog!

I went to the dog show yesterday afternoon, for approx 3 hours. Leaving my poor doggies to rot all alone in the house. Scout and Zoe have free-reign, Mouse and Boo are crated in a GSD-sized crate in my bedroom, and Oliver is shut in the same bedroom, but not crated... well I got home and started the mass exodus outside... Scout and Zoe first, then I go into my bedroom, and low and behold, a certain someone has black all over himself...

what the heck did he get... I look around the room, there's a chewed up pen ON MY BED with a huge dark ink spot.

now, I know you all are thinking "idiot needs to put stuff away, pens can be harmful, the poor dog..." or something along those lines... I was thinking the same thing, except then I noticed some therapy putty containers... hmmn, that's weird, I had them in a drawer in my bed side table, I look over and IT'S OPEN!!!

now, I know I did not leave the drawer open, infact I haven't even opened that drawer for ages, so what on earth happened???

I look at Oliver, and think "smartest dog in the world, meet drawer..." I put a treat in the drawer, then shut it and walk out of the room... sure enough, I hear the drawer opening...

FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! THAT DARN DOG CAN NOW OPEN DRAWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a whole bunch of other things pulled out and chewed up btw, blistex, hair elastics, an old pair of scissors, an old toothbrush

He musta been right proud of himself for figuring out that trick... and now I gotta figure out how to secure the drawers that he can reach!!!

oh and btw, he uses a mixture of teeth and paws to get open the drawer.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Child locks!
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:26 AM
I have one that can open doors and another that opens drawers. Combined they are a match made in hell lol
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Yup me too - Kiara mastered the opening of cupboards early on, I'm on my 4th kitchen bin as she figures out how to get in them and she can even open the dog gate now if it's not clicked down properly!!

Dontcha just love em!!