Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Not a trainer but had to look because I am a Nosy Person.
Very good!
BTW - as someone taking enquiries from the beloved General Public for childrens event/ clubs I have to tell you that Mothers and Dog Owners seem very similar.....
hehehehe, I manned the phones at work for 2 hours...never again.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Not a trainer but had to look because I am a Nosy Person.
Very good!
BTW - as someone taking enquiries from the beloved General Public for childrens event/ clubs I have to tell you that Mothers and Dog Owners seem very similar.....
hehehehe, I manned the phones at work for 2 hours...never again.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Someone should do one for calls to dog rescues ....
My friend gets daily phone calls for red flashy boxer pups ..lol
I once fielded a rescue call from a bloke in London who wanted to rescue a shar-pei and wanted a blue female puppy back when shar-pei were a rare breed and blues were about as common as rocking horse poo. In the end, I worked out that actually, what he wanted was a Neapolitan Mastiff puppy, basically for free and to breed off. Christ almighty - if I could have stuck my hand down the phone line and strangled the numpty, I would have.

Mind you, my favourites were always the ones who wanted rid of their dog now and can you come and pick it up tonight as it's bitten the kids, was unpredictavly agressive and they were scared of it. We'd have to say we couldn't help them as they were at the other end of the country and that we couldn't rehome a dog like that with a good conscience as it could bite someone else. Give it 5 minutes and there'd be another call with a shar-pei of the same sex and colour from the same area that had a lovely temperament and was good with kids but sadly one of them was allergic to it... Yup - people in rescue are always born yesterday.

And the boarding kennel guilt trippers. I had a man phone me to board his unvaccinated dog tomorrow for a fortnight as he was off to Spain. Bear in mind this was in the middle of June. "No sorry, we don't take unvaccinated dogs and anyway we are fully booked".

Phone rings two minutes later:
"My mother has been rushed to hospital and there is nobody to look after her dog - can you take it as an emergency case?"
"I'm sorry, we're fully booked and haven't you just called?"
"Well yes, but... er.... I can't go on holiday now coz my mum is in hospital. So can you take the dog?"
"I'm sorry sir, but we cannot take your dog."
"Well I'm just going to take the dog to Southport and set it free on the streets!"
"That is your perogative, sir"
"But it will be your fault that the dog is roaming the streets!"
"What you are suggesting is illegal and I doubt the dog warden would see it as our fault"
"I'm going to write to the local paper and tell them what a bad service you run!"
"That is also your perogative, sir"
"WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL LOVERS DO YOU CALL YOURSELVES, RUNNING A BOARDING KENNELS!"
"We are not a rescue sir. I'm going to put the phone down now."
"But she'll be all alone in a strange town, roaming the streets!"
"Goodbye sir. I'm now going to phone the dog warden with the description of your dog you've given me and your phone number."
"But...."

Cue me slamming the phone down, turning the air blue with frustration and making myself a medicinal cup of tea. Told my boss when she got back in and we had a good, if incredulous giggle about what a numpty he was.
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Brilliant & stolen
I've chatted to 2 of these this morning.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Barely related but my mum used to volunteer for Cats Protection and she had a call from a woman who was looking for a kitten. There being a lot of adult cats needing homes my mum asked if she would consider one of those - 'Oh no, I don't like cats, that's why I want a kitten'
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Love it, love it, love it. There's nowt as queer as folk..
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Utterly Brilliant!

I think i'm going to print this and put it on my wall, it will certainly help me to laugh instead of cry when we get calls like this!

Do feel sorry for the dogs in some of these situations though....
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
very good!
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Ahahahaha love it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2