Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:07 PM

Rescue Business Cards

Seeing as I got great help and advice for a poster design before, I was hoping to get some input on making some business cards. The rescue is non-breed specific but we do mostly get big dogs.

Suggestions and tips for changes or anything. Constructive criticism welcome.

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Certainly striking. My only comment would be that, sometimes with such a stunning VISUAL - the words can be overlooked.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Should I change the font colour?
Thank you for your reply.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I like it, it is simple and clear. I do wonder if it could be made more obvious it is a rescue though, I have to admit even though I am only 24 years old text speak passes me by and only by reading it out loud did I twig what the name meant...

Also, just because I'm a fussy so and so, the slogan at the bottom would possibly look better with a full stop at the end. It might not though, it may just be me...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I like it, it is simple and clear. I do wonder if it could be made more obvious it is a rescue though, I have to admit even though I am only 24 years old text speak passes me by and only by reading it out loud did I twig what the name meant...

Also, just because I'm a fussy so and so, the slogan at the bottom would possibly look better with a full stop at the end. It might not though, it may just be me...
I am no 'graphic designer' but do work with websites where they agonise over banner ads and all that.

No you don't need a full stop at the end of the slogan. You don't need them at the end of 'Headings' either. In fact if you want to centre something - full stop throws it off centre usually. All the pros say THREE WORD SLOGANS work best. Just thought I'd throw that in!

Like Jen, I too do not like 'phonetic spelling' or anything like m8 (for mate). I don't like the shortening of ANIMAL to ANML - only leaves out the vowels and isn't 'punchy' and requires you to almost speak it aloud to 'get it'. Although I think RESQ works well in the same way people use BBQ.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2014, 03:29 AM
I can't change the name of the rescue, it's their name and i'm simply a volunteer for them and was asked if I can help design a new card for them. The name isn't intended to be text-like, more so like a license plate from the province i'm from. I know it's a bit odd to read, but it's certainly not my place to be changing the name of the rescue, I don't think they'll take to that very lightly, lol.
Maybe I can add underneath the name "all-breed dog rescue" in a smaller font.