View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 12:53 AM
OK, I'm assuming that the good , and the bad so to speak is what you're after, overall an honest opinion based on pics as I obviously cannot put my hands on hernor can I see her move.

Firstly she has a nice length and width of muzzle, but lacks profile. Seems to have a nice width of underjaw. Nice well sunken and placed eyes.

Nice short back and tail set. Lovely bone, right down to her feet. Seems to have a straight front but I am wondering if her elbows are as tight as they could be. She seems to have an ok shoulder.
This is really hard from pics.

My overall impression of this girl is good. It would , like I said previously, be much better if I could see her move and put my hands on her but this isn't gonna happen.

I personally quite like her and I wish Elaine all the best with her. Would love to hear how she goes in the show ring.
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi Sally,

I actually show 2 solids at both all breed and specialty levels. I have personally found that because they are solids they tend to actually stand out more, but have had success at both levels with them. Jason had asked me the
the question the other day about how the solids do in the ring and I can honestly say my 2 have done very well. My girl took out a BOB last friday. My solid boy is actually the dad of the pups that he is agonising over.
I do acknowledge that sometimes it can be hard showing a solid, maybe I'm just used to it..lol.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Ok Shona you know what I'm like
so lets start
Firstly because I can't see what her movement is like nor feel the lay of shoulder so I wont comment but, she has a nice length and width of muzzle, but lacks profile. Seems to have a nice width of underjaw. Nice well sunken and placed eyes and well set ears,

Nice short back and tail set. Lovely boning right down to her feet. Seems to have a straight front but I am wondering if her elbows are as tight as they could be
would love to see a bit more muscel tone on her, and when showing a white any pink bits needs to have undercover cream applied then chalked eg over the nose, around the eyes inside the ear and yes the fanny area as well
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 01:27 AM
forgot to say to best her all the best at the shows and to enjoy because at the end of the day we all take home the best and its a fun day out with your best mate
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:24 AM
cheers guys, will try to get some vid of her moving,, poss that will give you a bit more to go on, can you define {lacks profile?} could this improve with age,, is it due to her being bum high at the moment, To be fair they aint the best shots of her,, shes a compleat nutter but,, so so funny
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by chopperlodge View Post
Hi Sally,

I actually show 2 solids at both all breed and specialty levels. I have personally found that because they are solids they tend to actually stand out more, but have had success at both levels with them. Jason had asked me the
the question the other day about how the solids do in the ring and I can honestly say my 2 have done very well. My girl took out a BOB last friday. My solid boy is actually the dad of the pups that he is agonising over.
I do acknowledge that sometimes it can be hard showing a solid, maybe I'm just used to it..lol.
lol guess some folk just thrive on a challenge,,, like you do, Its one thing doing well with dogs that {are more readily put up to win due to markings}

its another to do very well with a dog that can be a tad more difficult getting the judge to notice at all never mind put up first, well done you,,
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
cheers guys, will try to get some vid of her moving,, poss that will give you a bit more to go on, can you define {lacks profile?} could this improve with age,, is it due to her being bum high at the moment, To be fair they aint the best shots of her,, shes a compleat nutter but,, so so funny
profile we are talking about is her head, she reminds me of china have a look at china taking out BOB at the Hobart Royal and look at the shape of her head and that of Georgie just to give you an idea
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:37 AM
LACKS PROFILE: She doesn't seem to, at the moment, have the arc from the tip of the nose rising up between the ears, this may of course come on with age, they have growth spurts up till around 2/ 2 1/2yrs. Not overly worried about her being bum high as she is only young but would look at this if it hasn't changed when she's around a year old because she will be lacking length of upper arm. She looks quite balanced so her movement should be quite good. All in all, I think she is quite nice and should do well.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by China View Post
profile we are talking about is her head, she reminds me of china have a look at china taking out BOB at the Hobart Royal and look at the shape of her head and that of Georgie just to give you an idea
cheers for that,, had a looky peek, right next load of questions,,lol
will her head poss come with age?
could it be the diff between Aus breeding and uk?
I know rotties differ so much from aus to uk,, just wondered if bullys differ too,, so guess what im saying is Do uk dogs tend to be longer and leaner in the head?
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:41 AM
lol guess some folk just thrive on a challenge,,, like you do, Its one thing doing well with dogs that {are more readily put up to win due to markings}

its another to do very well with a dog that can be a tad more difficult getting the judge to notice at all never mind put up first, well done you,,
Thanks love. I do thrive on a challenge but there seems to be too many people saying that the solids don't do well and I have actually proved them wrong. I think they forget that the white ones are solids too.

I have consistantly placed well with both of my solids and will continue to show regardless of what peoples perceptions about them are. They do me proud every day without being in a ring but the Judges have all noticed them and have given me nothing but compliments aswell.
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »