Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 07:35 PM

Vicious biting problem that just started, need advice :(

It's with my son though, lol. Lately when the dogs bump him walking by, he tries to bite them! I've stopped him everytime before his teeth clamp, and I've told him no and took him away from the dogs. It's not helping though and he keeps trying to bite when they bump him. Anyone ever have this problem? Also I should add that he's crawling around on the ground and making barking sounds, lol. This is true, not a joke. I think I have too many dogs and my son is being imprinted by them ops: Any input would be great. The dogs are handling it well but they are looking at him like he's crazy He'll be 2 in February.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

16-09-2004, 07:39 PM
I think I've heard of this before - with your continuing objecton he should get the message, but it may take some time. Kids will be Kids eh?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 07:41 PM
lol you gotta love kids really!!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 07:42 PM
well dont feel alone.. my OH's nephew is 3, and he goes up to trees and lifts his leg up. When parents ask wot he is doin he says hes poo'in.lol.
He also crawls around the floor acting like a dog trying to get attention. lol

no idea wot to do bout the biting tho
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 07:46 PM
I will keep correcting him, and I also tell him "nice" and have him nicely pet Strange. Azz, maybe "kids will be dogs" is more appropriate for this, LOL The dogs are keeping away from him I don't blame them, the poor things
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
well dont feel alone.. my OH's nephew is 3, and he goes up to trees and lifts his leg up. When parents ask wot he is doin he says hes poo'in.lol.
He also crawls around the floor acting like a dog trying to get attention. lol

no idea wot to do bout the biting tho
LOL Jenny, that is funny
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2004, 07:49 PM
My son is 7 and at school they get "structured play" which means they get to do what ever they want. He pretends he is the dog of the family in the pretend house.

He is just dog mad.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2004, 08:04 PM
My friends son went through this, although he didn't go as far as biting the dogs. He'd even get up on my knee and whine

He's 5 now and thankfully has grown out of it, hopefully your son will do the same.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2004, 02:41 AM
LOL Carole and Wolfie It's all cute till the biting attempts come in

I started stopping the dogs from sparring, and otherwise biting each other playfully. I think my son is getting the wrong impression from their play, and until he realizes dogs are different than humans, I have to make sure he doesn't see all the play biting that usually goes on around the house, lol.
bordeaux
Dogsey Junior

17-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Have you tried nipping your son, to show him what it's like for your dog? I had an Auntie wh oused to do that, the kids got back, whatever they did to the dog, they only did it once !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >