View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 12:32 PM
It is heartbreaking for them. Their last dog they had for 16 years and she was adored and they were devastated when she had to be put to sleep 3 years ago. Its taken this long for them to come to terms with it and feel ready for another so its not even some sort of whim
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I got Nigredo through a rescue. They required us to over vaccinate him for his first two years, be subject to TWO random house checks which we only get one week notice before we must accept. They require also that we allow them to see the dog a few times a year and provide vet records.

They came to our house, which has no fence but we cannot install one and they asked about Jade and I told them she would be fine and the we had a proper muzzle and everything for purposes and they went along with it.

They complained of garbage in our house and in our yard that puppies could eat and cats that could "be mean" to puppy and attack him. We paid the money, signed him up with the vets they demanded we use, paid his microchip fees and whatnot and took him home.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
But saying the fence was only three foot is ridiculous. If they wanted to use the height as an excuse then five foot would have sounded more logical, assuming they had a height restriction for re-homing. But who on earth has a garden with only three foot high fences?
I used to. It was one the reasons 3 rescues wouldn't let us a adopt a staffie, and why we ended up buying one. The other reason was because we had never had one before, even though I was still an APDT registered trainer at the time! Tonks lived for three years in a garden with only 3 foot fencing and never once tried to jump over it. Remus would sail over I'm sure.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I used to. It was one the reasons 3 rescues wouldn't let us a adopt a staffie, and why we ended up buying one. The other reason was because we had never had one before, even though I was still an APDT registered trainer at the time! Tonks lived for three years in a garden with only 3 foot fencing and never once tried to jump over it. Remus would sail over I'm sure.
I honestly did not realise that people still had/have such low fences so apologise for my ignorance. When we were children the fences were just low enough for neighbours to chat to each other over them, but since then every house I lived in in England had minimum 5' fences, usually with trellising on top.

My house in England before I came here had 6' fencing all around the back garden.

And I am sure that Pereg would make a darn good attempt to fly over a 3' fence!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 06:30 PM
When we were little our back fence was low enough for the neighbours kids to put there boy rabbit over it, into our garden with our GIRL rabbit! Little beggars! Biology was a lesson early learnt!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I honestly did not realise that people still had/have such low fences so apologise for my ignorance. When we were children the fences were just low enough for neighbours to chat to each other over them, but since then every house I lived in in England had minimum 5' fences, usually with trellising on top.

My house in England before I came here had 6' fencing all around the back garden.

And I am sure that Pereg would make a darn good attempt to fly over a 3' fence!
Lots of councils here will only replace with a 3ft chain link fence if a fence falls down. We rented our last house from a private landlord but in an area of social housing. Our back fence fell down and I was so glad the landlord had to replace it rather than the council because there's no way we could keep Remus from going over a 3 ft fence, especially with a collie living next door.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 08:15 PM
That part about people coming in to help not being ideal ..is ridiculous..made even more so by the fact that these people are actually family Loads of people get help with their dogs,from dog walkers to dog sitters.Family members,neighbours or friends checking in or spending time with them while their owners are at work
Such a shame sounds like this dog missed a great opportunity for a forever loving home.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 08:55 PM
What about this boy

Scroll down he's the lil brown boy

Seb is a busy little man and would need a home where he can be top dog he is a friendly boy and likes the lead but definitely not cats. He is fully vaccinated and wormed and will be neutered before homing. Seb is a very affectionate boy and really needs a home of his own, he loves people. Seb is a perfect dog for an older couple who would like a companion. For for details contact ainmhithe@gmail.com or phone 0035396 32675.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 10:52 PM
How is the dog "busy" and needs to be "top dog" yet a perfect dog for an older couple looking for a companion. Kinda funny listing all the way around.

I'd advise anyone looking for a rescue dog to steer clear of that listing TBH. No mention of his age, history, health, or any other issues, either.

"Prior to re homing all our rescued animal are health checked, vaccinated by a veterinary, and if old enough they are neutered/spayed."

Horrible grammar like that is found throughout the entire site. It's not just bad, it's terrible. The lack of information is astounding, everything has to be done by contact.

No fees are listed, no sponsors listed, and apparently they are a "Registerd" charity. Donations can be made through Tesco or something, but then on the new dog unit page... donations are listed in USD??

Perhaps they are from the Gaelic speaking area of Ireland (highly unlikely, but I did not check), which may explain the horrid English... but I still would not advise anybody adopt from there.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
How is the dog "busy" and needs to be "top dog" yet a perfect dog for an older couple looking for a companion. Kinda funny listing all the way around.

I'd advise anyone looking for a rescue dog to steer clear of that listing TBH. No mention of his age, history, health, or any other issues, either.

"Prior to re homing all our rescued animal are health checked, vaccinated by a veterinary, and if old enough they are neutered/spayed."

Horrible grammar like that is found throughout the entire site. It's not just bad, it's terrible. The lack of information is astounding, everything has to be done by contact.

No fees are listed, no sponsors listed, and apparently they are a "Registerd" charity. Donations can be made through Tesco or something, but then on the new dog unit page... donations are listed in USD??

Perhaps they are from the Gaelic speaking area of Ireland (highly unlikely, but I did not check), which may explain the horrid English... but I still would not advise anybody adopt from there.
So I shouldn't have Tommee, Veejee, Pipper(foster) & I shouldn't have helped rehome Tayto, Harvey, Deck, Guinness, because of the website ?????

You obviously know "facts" abut AINMHITHE animal rescue that no one else does. Do you know what AINMHITHE means in English, I presume you do understand Gaelic ? so please translate it into English(& not American)

You don't speak/understand Gaelic ? Want me to translate ?

I suggest you check your spelling & grammar if you are quoting English & not American

Kinda ??? poor English should be "Kind of"

All those ","in your list of his health etc-poor grammar

"horrid" English ??? do you mean poor English ?

You blatantly have flouted the agreement you no doubt signed when you adopted your dog from the rescue showing your scant regard for rescues.

The AINMHITHE(look it up if your Gaelic isn't up to translating it into English)rescue site may not be produced by a professional website company, however better that the funds raised are spent on the animals & not fancy websites

I will inform them of your "informed" critique of their rescue & their website, I'm sure they will be highly impressed(NOT)

BTW haven't you got a spellchecker & grammar checker on your PC, Laptop, IPad, Android or whatever you access the Internet on ? You should invest in them.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >