Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 06:15 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 26th April, 2019

Good morning everyone, nice and bright considering we are due a lot of rain. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Morning Moyra,
I didn't need to be up today, the alarm went off, I hit snooze and snuggled down in my quilt....Steve! Said he had tried calling his Dr but they don't open until 8.30 and he's at work, so I have ended up calling for him..they are calling me back to discuss the problem with them and he will then hopefully get an appointment which will mean he will have to leave work early...they are going to love that!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Good morning all.

Good luck with that, Kelly. We had to jump through hoops to get our doctors to talk to us about Gary. Ended up getting power of attorney to sort out his various doctors talking to us.

Looks lovely out there so time to get ready to get out and enjoy it before it spoils itself x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Good morning Chris, Griff, Moyra and all who follow

Sorry about your Aunt Kazz take care of yourself.

Hope you can sort and appointment for Steve. ow is your mum today?

Lovely morning here, sun shinning and a nice wind to dry the washing. Have put some grass seed round some bare patches so hopefully the rain that is forecast will soak it in. Busy shredding accounts for two years which I forgot to do last year Shredder has now overheated so waiting for it to cool.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Thanks Sue, she is o.k...we think her leg may have finally stopped leaking! Her legs are going down a little more too
I am hoping the Dr will talk to me...I am only asking him for an appointment on Steve's behalf
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Morning Moyra, Chris, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Nice sunny day here to at the moment.

Good luck getting Steve an appointment griff and as for work dreadful isn't that they moan now about employees needing a little extra time to see a Dr.
Glad mums leg seems to of stopped leaking.

Kazz very sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Well we decided we would pop over to Anglesey Abbey with Dillon dogs not allowed in the abbey gardens but there is a nice walk alongside it and past Lode mill. Also celebrate the van only costing a tyre and wiper blades for the mot just under £100. For an L reg Toyota previa with a few hundred thousand miles on the clock it's doing well.
Apparently they are a bit like the old manufactured Volvos carry on forever. Fingers crossed a year or two more out of it.
So packed a nice lunch, flask of tea got there Dillon got out of the van had a sniff of the bushes got back in the van.
Gorden had a cuppa and he decided to get out and off we went. He went down a bank to have a drink and a paddle came back up the bank you can see he hasn't the power in those hind legs anymore to push him up so struggled a little. Said hello to a nice lab and we started off again to follow the route.
Dillon laid down and refused to move no convincing would make him, so we thought we would take another route up he got but no he made a beeline back to the van knew exactly where it was parked and hopped back in as soon as door opened.
So we sat with a cuppa and had some ham sandwiches and now back home.
It was a tad warm but not to warm made sure he hadn't hurt anything coming up the bank seems not. He did seem a little more wiggly round his back end on the way back they do have have a definite butt wiggle but this was more than usual.
Oh well will keep an eye on him he seems happy enough now.
Maybe old age is setting in faster than we would like he is 7.5 next Wednesday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 12:23 PM
My Sam used to be like that Lynn. When he'd had enough he would freeze and make it clear he wanted to go home. They are a lot more savvy than we give them credit for.

Beautiful day out there. Hope you all enjoy it x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Awwww bless Dillon, as long as he doesn't seem in pain I would let him rest...fingers crossed just a little pull
I got Steve the appointment, with the Dr and I am going with him! Work were awful, have put him down as unauthorized absence so I am going to get a compliments slip with his appointment time and the date and get it stamps or signed so he can prove he was at the Dr... bloody ridiculous
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah...mum and dad are seeing a solicitor on Wednesday about next door
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2019, 02:26 PM
If it had been Ollie there would of been no surprise. He was always exercise intolerant. By the time we lost him and pm was done we realised why.
Dillon even with his joint issues has always been an active dog so today was a bit of a surprise although we know we are hitting old age with him now.
I am thinking the dreaded DM (degenerative myelopathy) he has been scraping the nails on a back paw for a while now but not enough to cause concern even back in Upwell.
Since moving here it is a little more regular and occasionally he will have a little stumble. Thing is with that condition if that is what it is it is painless and nothing can be done it progresses to a stage where eventually you have no option but to pts.
In some dogs it's a slow progression in others quick a disease Berners are prone to.
We shall monitor him carefully he is doing just fine in the waterworks etc., side of things and eating well so old age creeping in but isn't it for all of us.

griff that's disgusting about Steve's work.
Glad mum and dad are getting legal advice re: the nightmare neighbours.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >