register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: When going to a Companion Show, does the charity element of the event mater to you ?
I dont really think about it, I just want a nice day out 7 21.88%
Its just a bonus that a charity benefits by me entering 18 56.25%
I enter lots of classes *because* its for charity though I know I am unlikely to get anywhere 12 37.50%
I dont care, I just want to win ! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Companion Show Poll, third time lucky I hope !

When going to a Companion Show, does the charity/fundraising element of the event matter to you ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah! It worked lol!
For me the charity is important and if it's one charity that I really support then I will enter more classes. I don't not enter a class if I don't do well as to me it matters not whether I win I just like showing off my dogs!
Becky
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:04 PM
It's more about having a great day out with the dogs and helping to benefit a charity at the same time. I feel it's a far more enjoyable way of donating money than merely sticking a few coins in a tin. It's a win/ win situation.
Clipper & the furry gang.

BTW Well done for sticking with it Becky, you got there in the end. Congrats LOL
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't generally do Companion shows, although I have been to one or two in the past. They were in support of breed rescue, and that's why I went. So does that mean my answer is Yes.

Dawn R.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
I don't generally do Companion shows, although I have been to one or two in the past. They were in support of breed rescue, and that's why I went. So does that mean my answer is Yes.

Dawn R.

I would say that would be a yes if you went specifically because of the charity
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:32 PM
I haven't shown much for the last year due to finances but if I see a companion show I will try to get there for two reasons.

Firstly,I know that the money made is going to charity, secondly, I know that there will be a lovely atmosphere, a real mixture of show dogs and pet people and, if you are lucky enough to get placed, more often than not there is a lovely treat for your dog together with your rosette.

If you don't get a place big deal, you've had the opportunity to catch up with friends and meet new ones, spend some time with your beloved dogs, and have a chance to show them off and chat to people that are interested in them.

From a personal point I know that I am unable to afford to show my dogs at open and championship shows at the moment. They have all been placed at championship level so I know that they are good specimens. As I can only afford to show at companion shows at the moment I don't think I should be prevented from enjoying mine and my dogs hobby (yes, they love every minute of it), and I certainly don't ever grumble if someone beats me, I always have the best dogs there so it matters not .
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I voted for the first three although I like winning too :smt001
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks patch but can we have one asking if members thinks its ok to show dogs thats are shown at KC champ shows to be shown at companion show
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I've only really been "into" Showing this last year and I've never been to a Companion Show before. However, there is one at our local DogsTrust that I'm going to with Isla (ESS), my Sister and her two Daughters Maia (plus Harvey the Bichon, who will do his "dance" and win every class! ) and Lily (who will be taking Pickles! ).

Now I'll be perfectly honest here and say it never even occured to me that the charity will benefit from more entries! I was just going for a nice day out!

So if I enter more, the charity will get more, is that right?!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 11:53 PM
yes so go in every class
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >