Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
I missed the link, can you re-post it please.
http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...eyhounds-voice
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The model licensing GUIDELINES are not the law or the boarding act, you are wrong, they are wrong to say so!

If an individual council WISH to apply any of the GUIDELINES they can, but they can NOT enforce them lawfully as the ONLY law that governs the boarding of dogs is the boarding act. Some of the guidelines are ridiculous, I suggest you read them, those involved with working with dogs can see the flaws in a second and have pointed them out to local councils, I doubt you will find a council anywhere that will disagree when shown the downsides of some of the rubbish written.
I never said the Model License Conditions were the law - they form the basis which councils use to bring conditions up to standard and at the very least are compulsory when new kennels are built.

If you disagree with the standards - I suggest you take it up with the working party who compiled them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I never said the Model License Conditions were the law - they form the basis which councils use to bring conditions up to standard and at the very least are compulsory when new kennels are built.

If you disagree with the standards - I suggest you take it up with the working party who compiled them.
The link posted says

all far short of those required for commercial boarding kennels under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963, which forms the basis of the Model License Conditions – a standard used by the local authorities.
That is WRONG! They are not required they are guidelines.

FYI, the guidelines have been taken up by many, which is why they have never been able to enforce them!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Remember when this first broke.

Think you had been asking before hand for footage of a racing kennel.

So we had Hanna(working for cash in hand) backed by you putting up some footage taken in the middle of the night( did show a lot of happy dogs)

Footage was put up on u tube certain things where then said about Hanna on a Pro racing site by the Head kennel hands wife(Sue).

She assured us that this 75 year old women had been conned by this Hanna who had taken cash in hand to help her look after the dogs and did nothing and Hanna had now gone things where a lot better.

Couple of days later Hanna took her video off You Tube claiming copy right and I for one thought that it was taken care off with the help Sues Husband and other trainers at Poole,The industry also give a grant to help improve the kennels .

Six months all hell breaks loose again with Sue (who's husband had just been fired) slagging of this 75 year old women with the help of Jodies site, the industry again moves in to help and as you can see that Jodie still sneers at the help given.

"Fortunately" I am not a member of that other(closed) site any more so do not know about any other up dates of the situation.

Hannah took the video off YouTube because she had received many violent threats from the racing industry towards herself and her children!

The industry served an improvement notice long before the video came out - which was not implemented. Kennelhand became concerned regarding retired dogs festering away in isolation and approached another trainer to try and persuade Eve Blanchard to re-home them.

The other trainer suggested he simply dispose of them along with 17 others he had buried on her land.

Eve Blanchard rewarded the kennelhand's concern for the retired dogs by refusing him access to attend the dogs on a weekend.

Kennelhand complained to the area steward and head office - whose solution was to simply reduce the number of dogs and so 12 were listed for destruction.

This is the last straw for the kennelhand and he blew the whistle.

The industry unable to defend any of the allegations give her a grant to improve one block. The other block is beyond refurbishment and is 'sealed off'.

Bizarrely enough, the block which has been refurbished - to a very poor standard - has no planning permission but that's the 'self regulated industry for you.

A trainer - in breach of many Rules of Racing and the Animal welfare Act continues to 'care' and race greyhounds with financial aid from the industry.

Can you justify it...............?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Hannah took the video off YouTube because she had received many violent threats from the racing industry towards herself and her children!

The industry served an improvement notice long before the video came out - which was not implemented. Kennelhand became concerned regarding retired dogs festering away in isolation and approached another trainer to try and persuade Eve Blanchard to re-home them.

The other trainer suggested he simply dispose of them along with 17 others he had buried on her land.

Eve Blanchard rewarded the kennelhand's concern for the retired dogs by refusing him access to attend the dogs on a weekend.

Kennelhand complained to the area steward and head office - whose solution was to simply reduce the number of dogs and so 12 were listed for destruction.

This is the last straw for the kennelhand and he blew the whistle.

The industry unable to defend any of the allegations give her a grant to improve one block. The other block is beyond refurbishment and is 'sealed off'.

Bizarrely enough, the block which has been refurbished - to a very poor standard - has no planning permission but that's the 'self regulated industry for you.

A trainer - in breach of many Rules of Racing and the Animal welfare Act continues to 'care' and race greyhounds with financial aid from the industry.

Can you justify it...............?
So she lied then, claiming copyright issues first? You'd of thought she would of published the threats if that was the case, I would of.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Animal 24:7. Tom Heap joins the investigation into claims that racing greyhounds are being abused.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._5_Episode_13/
Yes - the RSPCA pick up 1,500 greyhounds annually that have been neglected and abandoned - not good is it?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The link posted says

That is WRONG! They are not required they are guidelines.

FYI, the guidelines have been taken up by many, which is why they have never been able to enforce them!
I agree with you which why I stated -
all far short of those required for commercial boarding kennels under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963, which forms the basis of the Model License Conditions – a standard used by the local authorities.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:18 PM
So she lied then, claiming copyright issues first? You'd of thought she would of published the threats if that was the case, I would of.
You will have to ask Hannah that - I cant comment for someone else.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:43 PM
You will have to ask Hannah that - I cant comment for someone else.
I dont need to. Galty says one thing, you say another, clearly what Galty read was untrue and Im assuming you felt the need to correct him hence stating she was threatened. Therefore its enough for me to think there were lies told and you at least were knowledgeable of that.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes - the RSPCA pick up 1,500 greyhounds annually that have been neglected and abandoned - not good is it?

You do make me laugh Trudy, how did I know that out of the whole of that investigation you'd only pick up on that. Don't forget that the original call to the address was to the RSPCA about greyhounds being abused. If that had been the case and they had been found abused and neglected I have no doubt you would be quick off the mark to post it up on greyhound actions website, however as there was no truth in the claims as was clearly shown you simply are not interested. You are so tunnel visioned you refuse to accept that there is good and bad in greyhound racing as in all walks of life. You simply choose to ignore the good and keep banging on trying to convince everyone it's all bad. It's nice to see the BBC do something that hopefully may go some way to help disperse the myths and propoganda that surround greyhound racing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._5_Episode_13/

Perhaps you'd like to view it again.
Page 67 of 157 « First < 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 117 > Last »