View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:26 PM

rescue centres and why I should not look...

Flash Gordon, the lurcher in the South Gloucester's needs your help thread got me thinking. So I googled my local rescue centres and had a look.

Look at this little face! This is Kaiser the centre say he is a 'Husky cross' But looks like Akita or Elkhound/ GSD to me... I'm strictly just looking! I promise..

Kismet is still poorly, so we can't make any decisions at the moment...

Why am I doing this to my self???

This just in as well...This is Jack at Battersea Dog's home.. : Husky
He's just come in, too crazy for his owner. 1 - 2 years and excitable .
I should not look, I must not look... Would he be perfect for Kismet or too nuts? Would they bounce around together and be great company or fight over everything???

Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
because you know you want toooo...
Poor Kissy, hope she feels better soon.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Kaiser looks more Akita ish than Elkhound to me - definitely not a Husky!!! He's a beauty, though. Both lovely, you know you want one...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Aw he's lovely
Know what you mean though, have been looking at the Irish setter rescue pages this afternoon and am severely tempted.... though it may just have to wait til next year
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
You'll be pleased to know that all the dogs in the South Gloucs thread have now been offered spaces, other than a couple of staffies.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I know I can't reallythink about this until the new year, but as Christmas approaches and I think of them spending it in the kennels when they could be here with me, I get all teary... If Kismet was fit and healthy I'd be on the phone, I know I would...

4 dogs not too much harder than three right?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by littlelab View Post
You'll be pleased to know that all the dogs in the South Gloucs thread have now been offered spaces, other than a couple of staffies.
Such good news.. I was checking on Flash Gordon every day I was sooooo happy when I was able to hear (In Brian Blessed's dulcet tones) GORDON"S ALIVE!!!

Glad they have happy if temporary endings, mostly in other shelters but hopefully they will all ave their forever homes soon.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I now how you feel. Met a gorgeous greyhound girl at PAH, the rescue centre were drawing attention to the plight of GHs. What made it worse was that even though the foster home described her as shy and aloof, she leaned on me and stuck her head under my arm. I would have had her in a shot but she is not to be homed with cats.

It has got me thinking though
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Is there such a thing as a Christmas foster? I have a lovely home and lots of doggy presents , better than a kennel over Christmas, as soon as Kismet's better maybe I should call the local rescue centers, see what they say.. but if I fostered a doggy... could I give it up after Christmas?..

I just realised what am looking for here is actually a dog that is just for Christmas
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
You're as bad as me!! I do things like that, then cannot stop thinking about the poor dogs needing homes

Aren't they both gorgeous, hope they get new homes soon - does sound like you are very tempted!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >