Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 04:32 PM

Bombarded with staffies

I went for a meal last night with my dad and we were chatting away like usual and he happened to mention he had be inundated by staffis
Right now my dad is not a rescue he only has one dog and she is a ageing rottie he lives in immingham and has a open front garden and for the past 2 weeks alone he has had 15 different staffies turn up on the doorstep or in the garden!
All have been friendly and they have ranged from the ages of about 5 months to a elderly staffie, I know the area my dad lives in quiet well and its a bit posh so where these dogs are appearing from I have no idea, he has now had to put out 2 big bowls of water down and i've told him not to put food down otherwise he'll never get them out the garden lol
He is very tempted to keep a few but his rottie is to old bless her for a new dog to appear, he's rung a rescue but they are full and they just told him to feed them not the best advice i would have given but hey ho x
It's a good job they are not coming into my garden otherwise my house would be over flowing with dogs lol x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:27 PM
VERY ODD,
i wonder if perhaps it might be worth trying to get photos of any of them and see if they can be compared with any on doglost etc - as they are a breed rife for stealing and it makes me think perhaps some are stolen dogs, keft to wander etc...

just a thought - might be worth a try to see if any are tagged.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh pic's thats a good idea hun i never thought of that x
I thought maybe a BYB abandoned them all but i dont think there's anyway to find out x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Oh pic's thats a good idea hun i never thought of that x
I thought maybe a BYB abandoned them all but i dont think there's anyway to find out x
yes that occured to me too - but could also be some stolen for breeding even so would be interesting to see if pics might be able to be compared against doglost site.

good luck
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the good idea hun x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
That is odd! I do hope they don't get hurt or are out in this cold weather all night, poor things

I used to live not to far away!!

Originally Posted by Jem View Post
he lives in immingham
Do you know Laceby? On the outskirts of Grimsby up the bypass? I lived there for a few years and know the area well. In fact the very first dog show I ever went to was in Immingham lol
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah I know the area but i couldn't find my way round it for toffee lol
He's going to see what happens tomorrow as he hasn't had any today and he's kept the shed open a bit for any wanderers (the sheds empty).
He has been to the police station and they've had a few in aswell so we're a bit stumped on where they've come from to be honest x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I wonder if they've escaped a boarding kennel or breeding kennel or something? It's even stranger now that the police say they've had them too?