View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 11:07 AM
if one of my children had trodden on the dog and hurt it i`d have told the child off. glad you`ve got the dog now. don`t want to comment as i don`t know the situation but i feel that generally people are losing the idea that dogs are animals not hairy people
spot
Dogsey Veteran

08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I dont think the dog has done anything wrong, I work with aggressive dogs, and trust me, IF the dog had wanted to bite..........IT would have, if a dog takes it into its mind to bite someone is a situation like that, it wont miss.

that said, if your daughter is now a bit worried about the whole situation I understand you having the dog back,

I have to say I dont see this situation as a blot on the dogs temprament in any way, If anything it goes to show she is very tollerant {sp?}

hugs to all x

ps can I ask what age the child is?
Shona please make sure you are sitting down totally agree with you this dog showed some really good bite inhabition IMO and would seem a very tolerant (I dunno either) little lady.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry not got back to this thread sooner

Well what a busy & manic day we had yesterday.....after Phoebe coming back Sunday night. I had to ring the Vet yesterday to check when Phoebe's next vaccination was due before I could check with the Kennels to see if they could take her with our others who are already booked in at Christmas - the receptionist said that on Phoebe's records there was no record of any vaccinations since August 2004, she left he to stay with Son & DiL in January 2005.....................so we had to rush there yesterday morning to start her course off & then she has the 2nd vaccination on 22nd the day before we go away also I will have to walk her to the Vets which is a hell of a walk, as OH is at work!!! Then I rang the Kennels & fortunately they are booked in Double Kennel which takes 4 dogs okay so no problem.
We think that there is more to Phoebe coming back, I raised my voice to OH yesterday & today & Phoebe cowered........

Thanks for being there guys x
spot
Dogsey Veteran

09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Sounds like she's back where she belongs to me. Must be very difficult when dealing with family but she's home now.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Nicely said Krusewalker.

Oh dear, i hope phoebe hasn't been passed back to you for alternative reasons - thats a bit unfair (honesty would have been the best policy). Sounds like shes back in a good, safe place though
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Sounds like she's better off where she is now. Thanks goodness you were able to take her back. If one of my kids stood on one of my dogs it would be the child who got told off for not being more careful! She sounds like a lovely dog with a nice temperament though.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I totally agree that if all she did was look quickly at the child having been stepped on she did absolutely nothing wrong. I am very sorry to hear he cowered when voices were raised

I'm a huge believer in fate and it sounds to me like there is more than one reason she is back safe and sound with you. It must be awkward for you as it is your Daughter In-Law
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
i am glad she is back with you sweep as it truly sounds like she wasnt in the best possible home ( and dont want to offend you after all its your family i am talking about) but if it wasnt you wouldnt be happy with the situation so at least you know that Phoebe is now going to be ok. Will you keep her yourself or will you rehome her ?
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Well I have since had a couple of texts from DiL to say that another 'problem' was they really hadn't walked her very much resently as thery hadn't had time.............

Phoebe is now 10yrs old (she has been away from us for nearly 4 years) how can I let her go anywhere else, even with all that is going on in our life here - my head has been in a spin..............I feel guilty we are going away at Christmas & Phoebe hasn't been in Kennels for years.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
But she does have the company of the others so she will be fine, you enjoy your break sounds like you need it, take care xx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >