Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Benji is lucky enough to have found you though Foxy
Thanks Zuba We are lucky to have him too because he is a brilliant little dog
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
There is a large puppy farm outlet in Manchester which is where Benji came from - sadly I didn't know anything about puppy farms then or what they were or I would never have stepped foot in the place
Thats the key bit Foxy-the RSPCA and goverment need to make people aware of puppy farms cause if you dont know-then you just asume this is how you purchase a dog.Unfortunately its not illegal for any Tom,Dick or Harry to breed from their dog so really this should be the first point of attack.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-09-2006, 03:58 PM
It is very sad but a lot of people are taken in by puppy farmers and take a puppy or puppies as the case may be because they feel sorry for the poor little things . While it is nice to see these pupoies going to nice homes, it is sad that the buyers are only encouraging the puppy farmer to breed or obtain more puppies as while there is a demand they will continue to supply. I don't know what the answer is but perhaps Zubua you will be able to get one to your partcular question from Ken.

Foxy no one blames you. You did not know at the time that it was a puppy farm, and you were lucky in that Benji is a lovely ,happy and healthy little dog. But lots of buyers from these places are not so lucky and get puppies who are ill and they spend a fortune on vets bills sometimes only to loose the puppy in the end.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thats the key bit Foxy-the RSPCA and goverment need to make people aware of puppy farms cause if you dont know-then you just asume this is how you purchase a dog.Unfortunately its not illegal for any Tom,Dick or Harry to breed from their dog so really this should be the first point of attack.
Well my sister had a CKCS from the same place about 17 years ago and it was Kennel Club registered and so I thought that it was the same - I hadn't a clue what Dog lovers registered meant - I just thought they were a subsidary of the kennel club or something and as we only wanted him as a pet didn't bother finding out A lot of the dogs do seem to come from Wales thought like Benji and my sisters dog Toby who is 8 weeks younger than Benji. Benji is quite an healthy dog except for when he had sarcoptes but I don't suppose we can proove he got it from there because he was about 14 weeks old when he first started scratching and we had had him about 4 weeks then. My sisters dog Toby is also really healthy thank goodness and has only been to the vets for his puppy injections.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2