View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 02:42 PM

My dog is a traitor, what are yours like?

Firstly I will explain that zuki was bought as a gift for me cause I love dogs from my OH.
I walk Zuki, I feed her, I treat her and play with her, yet as soon as OH is home she is no longer interested in me and follows him around!
I have just had a KFC burger and shared it with Zuki as soon as I had finished it she went to the front room and curled up next to my OH on the sofa
She does this all the time to me

So how many of you have dogs who do this? My neighbour says her dog was the same so I know there must be more of us outcasts here on dogsey somewhere
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
lol-Theres only me and Vegas here at home so generally-i get his undivided attention to an extent that he'll get on my lap! He is though rather keen on my mother when she pops round to see him (not me i dont think!) and likes to lay on her!

Abe my old Rottie though was inseperable with my niece and food wouldnt even tempt him from her side when she came round.To say he was besotted with her would be an understatement.
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2006, 03:25 PM
our dogs (4) are with me day and night and I'm the one who has to say no, watch the puppy while I'm working (at home).

My husband is working away from home (from a couple of weeks ago until some time in September).

So they get very excited and are all over him (they are with me if I go out for an hour or so). Although after about an hour or two, they remember I'm there and a couple of them still follow me around.

He lets them do things I don't which makes it harder for me with training!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 12:56 PM
In general ,gemma will stay close to me ,but if she gets a better offer of food she will desert me till the foods run out ,but i think i read somewhere on dogweb that its not good for a dog to become too reliant on any one person ,to the point that you carnt leave a room alone ,so i do make a point of not calling gemma to me if im only going upstairs etc and i do tend to ignore her a bit around the house ,and i find the result seems to be she's more attentive when i do call ,hope that helps a bit ,i'm the first to admit that im no dog expert .
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 05:01 PM
mmmmm, sounds very familiar!!!!!

china goes to anyone who looks her way!
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2006, 06:01 PM
TRAITOR,TRAITOR & TRAITOR........every one of them
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 06:45 PM
we have been out today and it was one of the rare times we couldnt take ben, when we got home OH got all the fuss he just ignored me, im just the servant
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 06:48 PM
bruno is definetly a mummy;s boy as I feed him mostly walk him, bath him and cuddle him.

However due to the baby coming I am trying to make it a bit more 50/50 so that he doesnt feel left out when the baby comes so oh is now walking him more, bathing him and feeding him.

He still comes to me for cuddles as I am easier to cuddle ( and take up less of the sofa) and he will come to me if he needs out etc but if OH wants to play with him - then I may aswell not be in the room as I am igrnoed until its cuddle time again !!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 07:29 PM
OH works from home so Cassie is definitely a daddie's girl. Different story if he goes out though, then it's all me...fickle little so and so she is
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-08-2006, 11:24 PM
My old GSD would lie by the front door all the time my wife was out. Wouldnt sit with me or eat till she came home. This might have been because I was out working a lot of the time. Now I spend a lot more time at home, I appear to take first place in my current belgies affections, which I am quite pleased about.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >