View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emman75
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
My dog likes a kong with wet food and treats which I freeze! Have you seen the squeaky ducks/pheasants y dog loves them to and it's the only toy he hasn't destroyed!!
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Have you tried a mini space hopper only thing my thug is interested in, its a mixture of high pitch noise, and its the only thing hes interested in, sure i could send you one there not too expensive.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 11:18 PM
I've never heard of a mini space hopper. I'll check it out. Thank you.
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2013, 11:42 PM
its a rubber orange toy but makes a great noise, my dog destroys every toy, but this is the only toy that has kept his interest and my friends sbt who also destroys anything that moves, i think its the noise and the material that makes it durable and its lasted 3 years of my thug attacking it, i dont know your age but in the seventies kids used to have spacehoppers an orange bouncing toy with face and antennas, this is a take off of this but its only small, think it comes in three sizes i got large and medium,
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Sounds like fun. I'm going to see if I can find them here.

Spacehoppers were just before my time. I was born in the early '80's.
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2013, 11:55 PM
they come in three sizes i have both medium and large, i have a husky he seems to like the large better, they are not chew proof so beware but they are the only toy to last three years. let me know if you get one.
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Sounds like fun. I'm going to see if I can find them here.

Spacehoppers were just before my time. I was born in the early '80's.
I just suddenly feel old
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
Hey Helena, that's funny
my GSD was exactly the same!
Well, how very dare you take a telephone call and take the attention away from THEM huh?!

Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Last night I gave Ivan so many different types of toys. I tried the squeaky toy, no interest and was kind of scared of it. Then Timber became obsessed with Ivan's squeaky and wouldn't stop staring at it so that's a no go.

I gave him an unstuffed animal, no interest. I gave him a pillow, no interest. I gave him an antler, no interest. I even gave him a piece of paper in hopes of him enjoying to rip it up to shreds, no interest either.

I've already given him kong balls, squishy balls, balls you could stuff things into, no interest. This sentence is so weird. I promise i'm not trying to be a pervert.

I don't feel comfortable giving Ivan any rope type toys or socks to play with unsupervised.

Ivan likes liver treats but I can't stuff a toy with too much or he gets the runs, too sensitive of a stomach. I haven't found anything else that he loves yet food wise. He is not very food motivated in terms of his kibble, so filling a toy with that will not keep his interest at all. He's a very picky dog with both food and toys. sigh.
*sigh* indeedy Timber, you've got yourself one very strange doglet there haven't you Those orange spacehoppers are great, and very thin and flimsy so soft to the mouth. Another good one which is very soft rubber which my dog is totally different with, is the pink pig (they also do it in grey I think, and comes in 2 sizes). She's very gently with that, it oinks rather than squeaks, and all my husband has to do with it, is sit in his chair with his hand over the side holding the pig, and my dog leaps about as he moves it around, having a great game with him, before ending up upside down with it in her mouth She never plays with that with ME, which I find very strange, but then I also have a very odd dog.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Sometimes you have to accept a dog just doesn't like tp play with toys, old katie dog only ever showed interest in a football and Duncan was supremely uninterested in any toy or ball. Mollie on the other hand is obcessed with them and is usually seen carrying something around with her.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2