Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2007, 11:26 AM

Judging Rules

Hi guys I need our help

I judged the breed that I have had for 15 years ni their country of origin this year. As it was a small show where people turned up on the day I knew that I could judge it. Didn't end up that small 81 turned up on the day and I judged the 51 bitches

It was a great day and I loved it. I have judged here years ago with my other breed Pomeranian's but that was before all the stringent rules came into being and at that time I judged most of the toy breeds and also the AV toy classes.

I am just about to start judging my breed in 2008 as we come off the import register on Jan. 1st. I did have two judging appointments but had to cancel one as it was just within the 75 mile radius of judging appointments.

Now I've been asked by the breed club in Spain to judge again in April but it's a CAC show. Am I right in saying that although I've bred, shown and owned the breed for 15 years that I can't do this unless I'm judging at CC level or resident in that country?

Seems a stupid rule when you are in a breed that can't even be shown properly in this country yet and we won't get CC's until 10 years time. I know that I could of done more judging in my other breed, but although I enjoy judging when I do it, it's not something that I want to devote most of my time on, working my dogs and enjoying them is my main interest.

Would be grateful for anyones help on the rulings and sorry that this ended up a LONG post
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Well I e-mailed Ronnie Irving this morning and he's already replied and I can judge at the level of the show that I've been asked to do, so Madrid here I come. Can't wait not only to judge, but I've never been to Madrid!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 05:35 PM
He didn't say anything about over his dead body then :smt002
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Great news! Congratulations on your appointment in Madrid!
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
He didn't say anything about over his dead body then :smt002
Becky
Nope, but I have to say that my dealings with him over the last 10 years (before he was the KC chairman) has been nothing but polite and helpful in every way!

He has answered queries about a number of things on his own personal e-mail address in a friendly and extremely quick manner.