Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2013, 06:21 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone. I have surfaced.

Weather bit dull here at the moment I hope it cheers up later. It was a funny old day yesterday weather wise. Started off raining then cheered up then sunny and quite warm. Then we started rain again and by the afternoon we had hail and some sleety snow and ended up with sun.
Nothing much on today except finishing off Michael's birthday cake, slow roasting the pork and preparing as much as possible for tomorrows big lunch. Oh and walking Dillon apart from that I am hoping for a quieter day than yesterday ended up being.

Lorraine I hope you had a good evening with your friend. I got it all muddled and thought it was Sally who was seeing a friend. Also hope your mum is still doing well.
Helena I hope you have a drama free weekend.
Pat that the headache has gone and you start getting some sense and rent from your tenants.
June I hope you manage to solve some things today and your mind can start to ease.
Bev that the headache has stayed away and that Lily is well.
Linda that Loki is remaining fit free.
Same to Malka although I suspect Da. little booger has had you up again a few times during the night.
Almost forgot Mini not sure if she will be around today but if you are enjoy the wedding and the weekend.

If I have missed anyone sorry. So for anyone I may of missed I hope you are feeling better or get well soon whichever applies. Also to any unwell doggies out there.

Enjoy your Saturday and stay safe.
See's ya later Alligators.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - Enjoy finishing the cake off which should be the fun bit. Enjoy your quieter day, which you need after the stress of yesterday. I hope Dillon behaves himself and shows you what a well behaved 'grown-up' dog he can be rather than an unruly 'teenager'

An early morning call for me at 6.15 as Rucksack wanted out - to eat grass it appears (not been sick) and then decided I might as well get on with all the housework. Cleaned cooker/hob, got rid of two piles of paper, magazines etc which had just grown over the past few months - so I'm feeling ready go back to bed again now

My old school friend is coming at lunchtime with her elderly spaniel - I just hope my two dogs like her - chaos if not, actually chaos anyway

I hope any poorly dogs or members are feeling better today. See you all later and I hope you all enjoy your Saturday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - Enjoy finishing the cake off which should be the fun bit. Enjoy your quieter day, which you need after the stress of yesterday. I hope Dillon behaves himself and shows you what a well behaved 'grown-up' dog he can be rather than an unruly 'teenager'

An early morning call for me at 6.15 as Rucksack wanted out - to eat grass it appears (not been sick) and then decided I might as well get on with all the housework. Cleaned cooker/hob, got rid of two piles of paper, magazines etc which had just grown over the past few months - so I'm feeling ready go back to bed again now

My old school friend is coming at lunchtime with her elderly spaniel - I just hope my two dogs like her - chaos if not, actually chaos anyway

I hope any poorly dogs or members are feeling better today. See you all later and I hope you all enjoy your Saturday.
Morning Jenny. Enjoy the day with your friend and I hope it doesn't turn into chaos. You were up early with Rucksack and now done the house work.
Unruly teenager asleep at the moment. Waiting to be fed.
Gorden is going to try to get my car going he won't fit in the Peugeot and we will walk him somewhere different he is getting bored. I dare say he will try it on for a bit. I am ready for him.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Better morning so far this morning. Have a good day all, God bless.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny and all,

Chilly but sunny here, although I can see the clouds forming so I dare say it won't last long.

Debating whether I feel up to going to visit my sons and grandchildren this afternoon. I havn't been to theirs for ages so should really make the effort.

I am still undecided what to do about Lily's change of diet, she is such a fussy devil and with her allergies to most of the ingredients in the special renal diets I don't see it would work, but then I will also feel bad if she suddenly goes more downhill. I have spoke to the vet about home cooked diets and he said all the dogs he has blood tested after owners have put them on that have had worse readings, so thats not looking like an option either and when I remember back to first getting Lily I tried her on a home cooked diet and she got quite ill back then. Such a dilemma.

Jenny have a nice time with your old school friend, even if it ends up total chaos

Lynn I hope Gordon can get your car going and you can get Dillon out for a nice walk and tire him out.

Take care all and enjoy your Saturday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2013, 07:30 AM

A fairly successful night as Da Booger only got me up once, around 4-something-or-other then decided she needed another pee when I got up a bit late for her pill, then it was back to bed for another couple of hours before the jumpy jumpies started. When I ignored them I got whacked on the head by a monkey!

Anyhow, I wanted to get the Bonus day post in early so I gave in to the monkey [and Da Booger] so got up!

Lynn - I hope Michael appreciates that wonderful birthday cake - I do not know what slow roasted pork is like as I have never eaten pork but I am sure it will be delicious.

Da Booger tells Dillon to behave on today's walks and not nick any teddies from anywhere!

jenny - Poor Rucksack and his tummy, and poor you having to get up early, but at least you got your cooker cleaned and did the housework ready for your friend and her dog - I hope all three dogs get on together and that you have an enjoyable time.

I hope any poorly 2 and 4-legged ones are better - I had better go on and switch on the forgotten coffee pot again!

Have a good day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good Morning Everyone, Better morning so far this morning. Have a good day all, God bless.
Morning Moyra. Glad to hear his morning is better.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn, Jenny and all,

Chilly but sunny here, although I can see the clouds forming so I dare say it won't last long.

Debating whether I feel up to going to visit my sons and grandchildren this afternoon. I havn't been to theirs for ages so should really make the effort.

I am still undecided what to do about Lily's change of diet, she is such a fussy devil and with her allergies to most of the ingredients in the special renal diets I don't see it would work, but then I will also feel bad if she suddenly goes more downhill. I have spoke to the vet about home cooked diets and he said all the dogs he has blood tested after owners have put them on that have had worse readings, so thats not looking like an option either and when I remember back to first getting Lily I tried her on a home cooked diet and she got quite ill back then. Such a dilemma.

Jenny have a nice time with your old school friend, even if it ends up total chaos

Lynn I hope Gordon can get your car going and you can get Dillon out for a nice walk and tire him out.

Take care all and enjoy your Saturday.
Morning Bev sorry to hear about the dilemma with Lily and her diet. I hope you can get something sorted.

Gorden is working on getting the car going now. It might be because it is low on petrol it doesn't like sitting idle to long and if the petrol is low too it can be a bit temperamental.
Enjoy your afternoon if you feel well enough to visit your son.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2013, 07:40 AM
to Moyra and Bev who crept in while I was typing.

I hope today is a good one for you Moyra, and Bev that you can sort something out about Lily's diet. Luckily Da Booger will eat anything [so far...] so I have never had any problems on that score - and hope I never will.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi I think I owe you all an explanation,and that Im not some looney tune.I went to college,and got involved with the ANC,they sponsored people from that continent,and ran a buddy scheme to help with there english, I joined and my "buddy" was a personable young man,it broke my heart on how he lived in his country,the first time I met him,I couldnt really speak to him,as I had to met my Tutor,pointed him towards the Bus and went on my merry way,the meeting with the Tutor went on realy late,got out it was dark,but this young man was still standing it turned out he had to wait for all the whites to get on the bus,and he was waiting for a bus that would be for him.I then realised what I had taken on,there was no going back.Anyway things got worse in that part of the world a civil war broke out,and they brought in conscription,he was expected to drop everything and fight for a country that gave him nothing.I was called to a meeting and I agreed that I would marry him on paper,which I did,but he hadnt had it explained,and felt i now belonged to him,my life became a living hell,couldnt tell anyone because what I had done was illegal,when I broached the subject with my dad,he flew off the handle,and said if I didnt sort it out he would wash his hand off me,went back to ANC,they said they would talk to him,but it didnt help,then the violent moods started,my dad did as he promised went to the states for 2 years to teach bridge.Mental Health changed in this country no Asylums,so took on his care,because he became my responsibility,God forbid me,I locked him in his room when I went to work,he became more and more violent,Which brings me to where I am today.Thankyou for making me feel so welcome and sorry that I have to leave.crystalgirl
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning all.

The biggest, blackest cloud is overhead at the moment with a few 'ickle rain spots on the windows. Ah well, looks like we might get wet

Should be a quieter day today for us. Shopping, dentists, hospitals finished for a while (I hope) so a nice same old, same old day

Have a good 'un all xx
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »