Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 07:50 PM

A Dog's Rules For Christmas

1. Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog cuddles.

2. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.

4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

a. Don't pee on the tree

b. Don't drink water in the container that holds the tree

c. Mind your tail when you are near the tree

d. If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open

e. Don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree

5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:

a. Not all strangers appreciate kisses and cuddles

b. Don't eat off the buffet table

c. Beg for goodies subtly

d. Be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa

e. Don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach

6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:

a. Observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's houses. (4a is particularly important)

b. Respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house

c. Tolerate children

d. Turn on your charm big time

7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night.
DON'T BITE HIM!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Fab. I'm putting my tree up for the first time this year since we got Lennon - he's now two - what's the betting he lifts his leg..........
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Fab. I'm putting my tree up for the first time this year since we got Lennon - he's now two - what's the betting he lifts his leg..........
LOL, thats why I never have a tree, not that I think they'll tiddle up it, more likely ransack it to see what they can pinch off it.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

28-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I put mine on a pedestal table but the Borzois can still reach up but I learned the hard way no chocolate filled decorations and if any pressies contain chocs do NOT put them under the tree.

I also have a cat who I have to watch like a hawk as she would ransack the lot.

Dogs may pee on it but cats attack it and bounce every ornament from the tree.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Brilliant read
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Good rules
whoami
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I have printed out a copy for the dogs........they didnt look overly interested

Karen
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 12:36 PM
When my sisters Clumber Spaniel was alive they got up one morning, a few days before Christmas, and he had opened a couple of presents from under the tree. He had been quite choosy as to which ones he had opened - they had both contained Thorntons chocolates, all had been demolished, wrappers aswell. A quick visit to the vets followed but they said that all they could do was wait and hope he would be ok. Thankfully, although we all know the dangers of chocolate, he had no side effects and lived to the ripe old age of 13.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 03:22 PM
will try and explain it to doggies later but please can we have a translation to dog language

sue
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 04:42 PM
That is brilliant!!

Luckily Hollie has always been very good with the tree, no mishaps.......yet!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >