View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
G14GAV
New Member!
Male 

31-08-2010, 05:18 PM

James Wellbeloved 22% off - is this food any good?

Hi,

I currently feed burns but have recently seen james wellbeloved on offer here
[Link removed]

How is this food compared to burns and is it worth changing for good once ive gradually changed over? Its the chicken flavour I currently feed. My Cocker spaniel is called Noodle and has been fed burns since a puppy, shes now 12 months old.

Thanks

Gavin
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2010, 06:08 PM
We use JWB and it's great. It's sorted out our dogs stomach issues and the vet always says what a good food it is.
Our trainer uses Burns and is very loyal to it, but always sticks up for JWB too. I personally know nothing about Burns but from what I've heard they're fairly similar.
Do you mind PMing me the link? We need to buy some more!!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I think James Wellbeloved is a good quality food - its helpful for dogs with sensitive tummies. If you can get it at 22% off I think I would stock up.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I've only recently changed Tilly onto JWB as she's very fussy but seemed to like it. I'd be interested to see how she is on it. She can be quite itchy so Im hoping the change will help.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2010, 06:26 PM
We feed Burns, we have tried JWB, I believe it is a good quality food but unfortunately Max just refused to eat it, even when we mixed it with other foods to introduce it, he hated it! I think it is very popular though.
G14GAV
New Member!
Male 

31-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok I'm convinced and will order a small bag before ordering too much.
Has anyone used millbryhill before?

Oh also will jw last longer than burns as they seem to be in the same price bracket?

Cheers
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by G14GAV View Post
Ok I'm convinced and will order a small bag before ordering too much.
Has anyone used millbryhill before?

Oh also will jw last longer than burns as they seem to be in the same price bracket?

Cheers
Not sure what the Burns feeding guide is, but a 15kg bag of JWB lasts us around 5-6 weeks for 2 dogs, but we do feed slightly less than the guidelines on the advice of our vet. When we first started out feeding them the full amount the 15kg would last 4 weeks.
Not sure if you really need the details but one dog is 18kg and one dog is 20kg, they both have about 240g a day.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
It is a good quality food I believe. I used to feed my dogs on it a while ago (swopped when Marius was still a pup) because his coat was dull and he never put any weight on eating it.

We swopped to Autarky and were on it for a long time, but Marius started to go off eating it and was losing weight as a result. I guess it's natural for them to get fed up of having t he same feed for years.

They are now on Skinners Ruff & Ready (him and Lola) and I must say what a difference in their coats and stools are much firmer. I put them on this after reading good reviews on Dogsey. They both LOVE this foor, polish their dishes clean!! Gets the thumbs up from me.

I think each dog is different, what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
JWB is a good food
loobey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
our dog was on autarky and was doing well on it until i opened up a new bag. she started with an upset tummy. have changed her to burns now. she loves it but i still think she's a bit too thin even though we're giving her more than is recommended. have thought about jwb but will see how she goes