Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:40 PM

James Wellbeloved dry food, how good?

just wondered if anyone could give me their opnions on this food. as some may know been having trouble with daphni so took her off royal canin and switched her to fish 4 dogs. however she doesnt seem to keen on their biscuits and will pick her meat out and then just nibble a few. when at my OHs the other night, she seemed to wolf down his dogs food, and preffered it over her own, he feeds the same meat as me but feed JW biscuits.

after looking at the bag and reading all the information on there it sounds like a good natural food, but wondered what people thought about it that had fed their dogs on it. you cant beat personal recomendations!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
my old girl was a gsd with a dodgy belly and the only food she could tolerate was james wellbeloved she did really well on it, when we first got her you could see all her ribs and spine she was so bad, but after finding and feeding her on james wellbeloved she put on weight quickly and we never looked back
i did try ruby on it as i thought it was a good food but rubys belly didnt get on to well with it so she is on wainrights,
but overall i definatly would reccommened it
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Google dog food analysis. JWB is on there.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
T used to have it on non raw days and I found his poo wasnt great on it.

His current complete of choice is ProPlan Sensitive Salmon & Rice. The only complete food he has ever downed with relish (i got a free sample at a show once and thought id use it for treats but he liked it so much I binned JWB in favour of it) small bags are £5 off at PAH at the mo

We had some free samples of the PAH Complete in a goody bag a few months back and he liked that too especially the one that you add a bit of water to to get a gravy. In the same goody bag was some Fish4dogs which he refused? (was suprised as the Proplan is really salmony!)

I wouldnt say a bad thing about JWB content wise, it just didnt suit ma boy
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I've had Harvey on it for a few years now and he's great on it as its hypoallergenic and harvey had a few allergy problems everything has been good and he loves it.
ScoobyDo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
My bichon loves it too. I feed a mixture of wet and dry.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 04:27 PM
China has allergies and reacts badly to colourings/preservatives etc in normal dog biscuits and she cannot tolerate dog meat as her poos goes very sloppy and her tummy gurgles.

She used to scratch herself red raw until we swapped her onto JWb and she has been great ever since. Her coat is lovely and soft and shiny, her teeth are in great condition and although she goes through phases of leaving it (probably because a 15kilo bag lasts her 3 months! and she is probably bored!) she still eats it happily, esp with tuna or pilchards mixed in!

a few other dog owners i know whose dogs have allergies and dodgy tummies have fared well on it.

Hope that helps!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I've had good sucess with it in the past. Mine especially loved the Lamb flavour. The only reason I had to stop feeding it was because it was so darn expensive; I just couldn't afford to be spending £100 a month on dry kibble alone. When I started feeding JWB years back, it cost £28 a 15kg bag...now most of them retail for £47.99.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I've had good sucess with it in the past. Mine especially loved the Lamb flavour. The only reason I had to stop feeding it was because it was so darn expensive; I just couldn't afford to be spending £100 a month on dry kibble alone. When I started feeding JWB years back, it cost £28 a 15kg bag...now most of them retail for £47.99.
yes it is quite expensive, i think there is some better foods that are cheaper than jwb
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Shocking as they gotmore and more successful, I guess the food prices went up. I know they started off doing ferret food. I know premium foods cost premium money , but such a shame when the prices are so high
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >