Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Help! Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Today I was diagnosed with this condition and at present im waitng on emergency hospital appointment, and to start some new tablets, I've a swollen right hand, and left knuckle can anyone offer any advice please. Im very sore and at only 36 thought I wouldnt have this sort of arthritis
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear this ZB.

I have a friend who's had this for several years and she's only in her mid 40's now.

She says that it used to be really bad - couldn't do anything at times because she couldn't use her hands.. but that recent medicine has dramatically helped and most of the time she is now pain free - so much so that she can even ride a motorbike.

Fingers crossed that the medicine will work as well for you
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear about this ZB, my mother has it and has done so for over 30yrs now. Its a crippling disease, but there are things they can do to help. My mom had had surgery to remove the bones out of her bottom of her feet under her toes, this surgery allowed her to walk again. Her hands are compleyely gone now, all disjointed, but she can still use them and still write too! One knee has disintegrated and she can no longer walk, she is and has been on permanent meds for all those years, but it is a disease you live with and learn to cope. I do hope it doesnt get much worse, I know the treatment is so much better nowadays and you may never ever get any worse. Dont be too disheartened, Im sure they will help you and you will do just fine.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys il continue to hope the medicine they give me will work xxzbxx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Thanks guys il continue to hope the medicine they give me will work xxzbxx
I am so sorry, you would have thought you were too young for it.

the only thing i can say is what others have said, and that is that the medical world improves almost daily. Hopefully there will be something to help you with this. Good luck with your appointment.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
not nice my lovely, i was diagnosed with PA, I hope you get all the help and medication to make life more comfortable x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
not nice my lovely, i was diagnosed with PA, I hope you get all the help and medication to make life more comfortable x
Thanks hun thats what i thought i had,never for a minute did i think RA xx
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2007, 01:03 AM
ZB my mums suffered from RA for over 35 years now and she in her mid 80's now, so there's hope for you yet.

She used to be in a really bad way and in a lot of pain but her GP put her on something called Methotrexate (I think that's how it's spelt) which I think she takes once or twice a week and she has greatly improved because of it.

Keep your chin up as we are all rooting for you.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh honey I can't offer you any practical advice, but I want you to know we're all here for you and I'm thinking of you xxxxxxxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Oh honey I can't offer you any practical advice, but I want you to know we're all here for you and I'm thinking of you xxxxxxxxx
Same here hun if you need to talk or vent I'm here for you as well xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >