Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2008, 04:20 PM

I知 Gob Smacked.

Well I have just come back from taking four of the dogs for a quick walk up town, and while I was walking past Tesco’s this little old woman, who by the way had to be in her 80’s and had a little Yorkshire Terrier with her, just started having a right old go at me because her dog had started to bark, and she was blaming me and my dogs for frightening her poor little dog by walking four viscous dogs up the road.

When I tried to explain to her that my lot had done nothing and that her dog was barking before I even got to Tesco’s, she just floored me with her response as she just said that “little what-ever it’s name was could sense trouble”.

I think what made things worse for her was that my four just sat down while her little Yorkie carried on yapping away tied to the rail outside the shop.

It really amazes me why some of these old people have dogs if they can’t read their dog language. I did try to explain to her that the reason the dog was yapping was because it was tied outside the shop, but she was having none of it.

I also told her that with the amount of dogs thefts that go on in this country it is not wise for her to leave her dogs tied up outside a shop while she spends 20 minutes plus walking around a shop, which didn’t go down to well either believe me.

In the end I just had to walk away as I was starting to lose my rag with her as she just wasn’t prepared to listen to common sense.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 04:25 PM
oh dear!

your dogs did you proud!!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 04:26 PM
There's no fool like an old fool.

J
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 04:59 PM
ahh at least your doggies were good and ignored her & her yappy dog!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
There's no fool like an old fool.

J
Being one I have to agree
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Know what you mean............I've lost my 'cool' today Big Time.....still calming down
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Shame Colin, she felt threatened by the sounds not sure why though as it sounds all were on their very best behaviour (I should say normal ) the way of the world I am afraid

Two little stories for you:

I was in the vet with both my boys the other week, one other person sitting in the reception area waiting. She sat right by the door, with her beagle x (beautiful dog). Well on my way out of the door - ALL the dogs started to have a bark up so I put myself infront of my dogs (on my r/h/s) and proceeded to the door. Her dog was not under control (slack lead) I had both of mine on the traffic lead (very short)..

She then shouted at me "your treading on my dogs tail", I didn't reply but went out of the door, put my boys in the car then went back in to apologise. She said oh don't worry!!!!!!!!! But in retrospect, I now think if she had a little more common sense and had moved away from the door and sat further into the reception area, this whole situation could have been avoided (imo)

Second situation, regarding unattended dogs i.e tied to posts etc. I was going into my doctor's surgery and this little fella was tied to the post outside. I was in the surgery for 40 minutes and when I left the little dog was still outside that little dog could have easily been removed/stolen!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 08:32 PM
sounds to me that like owner like dog, both like a good old yap, sorry colin but I saw the totaly funny side of it, you stood there with 4 large {apparently nasty dogs} sitting perfectly looking bemused at the little dog while this old lady is almost clouting you with her hand bag,,,near wet myself,,,, I get it too,,,dont worrie about it, lol
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 08:37 PM
oh dear battle axes strike again

good on your dogs for being unfased by the yappie dog
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Nora Batty with her broom in this case a little raskel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >