Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2007, 01:30 PM

I’m really pi55ed off now.

I have just had a phone call from a woman in London who has got a 2-year old Dobie bitch who is pregnant.

Well she told me that she was given the bitch about 6-months ago by a friend as they couldn’t control her, but four weeks ago she was got at and mated (she didn’t say by what sort of dog it was that got her), and that her mum took the bitch to a vet who has confirmed that the bitch is pregnant.

Anyway this woman had been phoning around the different rescue centres and as they are all full up she was given my phone number. Anyway what transpired was that this woman didn’t want to get rid of her bitch, but just wanted to have her put in a rescue centre or foster home while she had her puppies and then have her back without the puppies.

When I asked her that as she didn’t want her bitch to have puppies in the first place why didn’t get her spayed, she told me that she didn’t have the money for the operation. At which point I really had to bite my tongue and tell her nicely that Battersea Dogs Home, PDSA, and the Blue Cross do these operation at reduced costs for low-income families.

Well the out come of the conversation was that I personally couldn’t have her here as my five would got nuts and as I have never had a bitch with puppies before I didn’t fill I was qualified enough to deal with this situation, so I give her the phone number of a Dobermann breeder friend of mine in hope that he would be able to help or at least offer advice to her.

I’m sorry to have to say it again, but this sort of dog ownership that really f**king pi55es me off. When will people ever start to realise that it is so bloody irresponsible to own a bitch and not get her spayed if you have no intention of breeding from her.

I’m sorry about the rant, but I was having such a good day until I got that phone call.

I hope you're all having a better day.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh Colin, that poor dog. I hope your friend can help but imo she doesn't deserve to get the dog back afterwards as what will she do next time the poor bitch is in season.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
That's one of the reasons I had to bite my tongue.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

The poor we dog , i hope your friend can offer her some sound advice that she will take on board ,
Totally agree with you and kirsty on your posts ,
Lets hope she gets the dog spayed before it happens again xxdk
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Sounds to me like she doesn't want the responsibility of the pups Totally agree that if she is incapable of dealing with the pups she should have her spayed now, which is awful, but so is bringing a litter of unwanted pups into the world.

If I got my hands on the bitch so she can have her pups, I tell you she wouldn't be getting her back.
Fot the poor dogs sake I hope something can be sorted out for her.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Sounds to me like she doesn't want the responsibility of the pups Totally agree that if she is incapable of dealing with the pups she should have her spayed now, which is awful, but so is bringing a litter of unwanted pups into the world.

If I got my hands on the bitch so she can have her pups, I tell you she wouldn't be getting her back.
Fot the poor dogs sake I hope something can be sorted out for her.
well said , there will be enough unwanted puppies in rescue in the run up to chrimbo and there after without adding to it xxdk
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I think you were very restrained Colin, some people just shouldn't own dogs
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
The poor we dog , i hope your friend can offer her some sound advice that she will take on board ,
Totally agree with you and kirsty on your posts ,
Lets hope she gets the dog spayed before it happens again xxdk
totally agree.........what I don't understand is if she wanted a rescue/foster home for the bitch, what was she expecting to happen once the pups are born, is ahe asking someone to handrear or does she expect the rescue/foster home to keep doby until puppies ready to go. I handrear 7 rotti pups after mum died after the birth, but the gentleman did pay all the costs of milk, bottles,vets chks,bedding etc., Is she going to pay someone for all those things and least my gentleman was responsible
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
if you have a dog you must be able to afford the basics, such as neutering if you are not an ethical breeder and you own a bitch. Sell your telly if you have to, but get your poor dog the help it needs.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
if you have a dog you must be able to afford the basics, such as neutering if you are not an ethical breeder and you own a bitch. Sell your telly if you have to, but get your poor dog the help it needs.
Well said hun , xxdk
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >