Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Am I the only one who shows on here who's sick to the back teeth of people with little or no understanding of what we do trying to tell us how to do it better.
I gave up a while ago People will always have a problem/different opinion thats fine I guess - most should just get a better understanding before, claiming 'this and that'.
Off to groom the dogs for tomorrow now, havent started yet.. Let them have walkies, and run arounds up and down the garden before I bothered
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
nope i agree with you. like i said the flyball dogs wear harnesses which handlers keep hold of till their dog goes for the ball, no one slates them for having hold of their dog though because of course when its not showing "its different"
Exactly, and I'm not keen on how they hype the dogs up in Flyball either but I respect that the dogs arent suffering and they now their sport better than I do.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I gave up a while ago People will always have a problem/different opinion thats fine I guess - most should just get a better understanding before, claiming 'this and that'.
Off to groom the dogs for tomorrow now, havent started yet.. Let them have walkies, and run arounds up and down the garden before I bothered
ahh the "later i leave it, the less chance there is of them getting dirty" tactic
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:30 PM
ahh the "later i leave it, the less chance there is of them getting dirty" tactic
Best way with these mudsters.. Wouldnt want them to miss out on walks or 'play' time because they had been done early, but I also wouldnt want them re covered in mud
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Exactly, and I'm not keen on how they hype the dogs up in Flyball either but I respect that the dogs arent suffering and they now their sport better than I do.
yep, its like people not catching their dogs at the end of an agility run, but this is seen as ok because theyve done their run, can you imagine the bother we would have if we let the dogs in the ring with no leads, say 14, in a class, usually at least another ring either side with a different breed in, so say we have 42 dogs, all off lead, it wouldnt be responsible!! you wouldnt have 42 dogs all offlead in a park without a problem of some description occuring, so dont see why it would be acceptable in a ring.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Best way with these mudsters.. Wouldnt want them to miss out on walks or 'play' time because they had been done early, but I also wouldnt want them re covered in mud
i always leave daph till as late as i can with her being white

although a word of warning, i let her walk to the venue last year from the carpark, she stepped in oil had a great time trying to turn her feet back to the lovely white colour they were meant to be
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Re the attire worn whilst showing, I think it very much depends on the show you're attending and the breed you're showing. Some breeds are more casual than others, a lot of HPR breeds tend to be a bit more casual, but the Weim people always seem to be dressed up to the nines!

I do wear jeans and trainers at shows, but mainly open shows. Champ Shows I try my best to look smart, but the truth is I'm a bit of a slob!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:46 PM

although a word of warning, i let her walk to the venue last year from the carpark, she stepped in oil had a great time trying to turn her feet back to the lovely white colour they were meant to be
Oscar's bottom exploded just before we were about to go in the ring last year, it went everywhere! And I'm pretty sure I didn't get it all off before we went in to the ring.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Re the attire worn whilst showing, I think it very much depends on the show you're attending and the breed you're showing. Some breeds are more casual than others, a lot of HPR breeds tend to be a bit more casual, but the Weim people always seem to be dressed up to the nines!

I do wear jeans and trainers at shows, but mainly open shows. Champ Shows I try my best to look smart, but the truth is I'm a bit of a slob!
Ian always wears a suit at Champ shows but thats only because he either has two looks either scruff or smart no happy meduim hahaha
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Ours mostly walk in, they will have a wee run about on the grass to. Really am going to get them sorted now, you must come and say Hi.
Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »