Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Taste of the Wild wet food to be introduced into UK in 8 weeks

.....for anyone this may interest! I was Googling for dog foods in gravy yesterday and came across 'Taste of the Wild' canned food which I got quite excited about lol.

But I couldn't find it anywhere. I emailed the company responsible for importing Taste of the Wild into the UK to ask them if it was available anywhere and they emailed back today to tell me they hadn't been able to import it due to EU regulations *but* that it had been sorted and they should be able to import it in the UK in 8 weeks.

I am very pleased lol although I'm guessing it won't be cheap! Whisper *loves* gravy-covered food. She's currently having some Butchers in gravy food mixed in with Nature's Harvest and F4D but although she's doing ok on this mix it is quite fiddly! Upping the Butchers causes her poo to be a bit soft - in these proportions (1/2 tin Butchers, 1/2 tray N'Harvest and some F4D kibble) she will happily eat her food and her poo is fine lol.

So to get a really good quality canned food in gravy would make my life sooo much easier! So am excited lol.

I reckon I've probably got 8 weeks worth of all the other foods-that-I-thought-Whisper-liked-but-that-she-now-won't-eat-without-gravy-on so that should work out fine!

ETA: It's Kennelgate that will be stocking it.
Pindonkey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I personally do not recommend any of TOTW foods. Looks good but diamond have too many recalls in the past for me,just one recently for salmonella. They have had about 11 food recalls for various reasons.

Not a food company i want to use at all.

If you are looking for good quality wet food,have a look at nature diet,natures harvest,arden grange,Natures menu.

Its up to you really,but not something i would feed.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pindonkey View Post
I personally do not recommend any of TOTW foods. Looks good but diamond have too many recalls in the past for me,just one recently for salmonella. They have had about 11 food recalls for various reasons.

Not a food company i want to use at all.

If you are looking for good quality wet food,have a look at nature diet,natures harvest,arden grange,Natures menu.

Its up to you really,but not something i would feed.

I was wondering about this, as wasn't sure if TOTW was made by Diamond. Now you've confirmed it is, I echo your comments. No way would I feed anything by this company, they've had too many recalls and there are quite a few good wet foods in the UK and also imported from Sweden (Bozita, for instance). Zooplus does a great selection; the Lukullus wet food looks good. Lilly's Kitchen is also meant to be a very good one.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Eeep shall take that on board. I hadn't heard about that! What a shame.

But have tried all the decent wet food brands, yes. She loves gravy. Now I've added some Butchers' gravy she's interested in her food and enjoying it again. Which is why I was interested in the TOTW food as it's in gravy.

The normal wet food brands just aren't the same without gravy if you're a Whisper-dog am afraid!

Currently am using 1/2 tin Butchers gravy mixed with 1/2 tray of Natures Harvest and a little bit of F4D kibble. Which is fine but a bit fiddly lol. When I've run out of kibble I might just feed 1 tray of NH plus 1/2 tin Butchers gravy. Mixed with a bit of the gravy she's enjoying her food so much more and it's not a bad food really. Sounds like it's a safer bet than TOTW and a lot cheaper! Probably stick with Butchers gravy then.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Alarm bells ring when you say they were stopped because of EU regs but have now 'sorted' that.

I've worked as a quality auditor in the food industry and know what sort of things they can do to 'get around' EU regs.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Alarm bells ring when you say they were stopped because of EU regs but have now 'sorted' that.

I've worked as a quality auditor in the food industry and know what sort of things they can do to 'get around' EU regs.
Lol it helps to have people that know.

The beef (gourmet) Lukullus looks lovely in the picture - nice and gravy-ish lol. So might try it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I remember thinking that PAL tinned dog food looked delicious (some fifty odd years ago!) One day I decided to taste it (looked like the most delicious steak and kidney pie filling).

VILE - but the mutt we had at the time loved it! I don't actually remember any other dog foods from back then 60s? Lots of people just fed their dogs the scraps from their meals.

*just thinking - the dog at the time probly loved it coz he was permanently hungry!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 06:29 PM

That is a very good point!

Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Lol it helps to have people that know.

The beef (gourmet) Lukullus looks lovely in the picture - nice and gravy-ish lol. So might try it.

Yes, I think some of the Lukullus ones look great too

Now that I'm moving Dex onto a dry food, I plan to always add some raw meat, or veg, or wet food, and want to try Lukullus at some point. I figure if I'm only using it as a 'topper' it might not work out too badly price-wise....
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I remember thinking that PAL tinned dog food looked delicious (some fifty odd years ago!) One day I decided to taste it (looked like the most delicious steak and kidney pie filling).

VILE - but the mutt we had at the time loved it! I don't actually remember any other dog foods from back then 60s? Lots of people just fed their dogs the scraps from their meals.

*just thinking - the dog at the time probly loved it coz he was permanently hungry!
I think that's the trouble - I reckon' Whisper was on Winalot / Pedigree Chum gravy foods and that's what she's used to. I will be mixing the Butchers stuff with other stuff not just so that she gets a good overall quality of food etc but 'cos I've got loads of stuff in the cupboard to use up!

The Butchers gravy stuff does look quite nice! (hubby says he can see her point as it looks far more appetising LOL!) But I haven't been brave enough to try it!
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2012, 10:03 PM
You can always warm up naturediet or maybe add a little hot water to it to make a gravy?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >