Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi there!

Have recently rescued a Greyhound from one of my local rehoming centres. I made a donation of £75.00 and he was castrated and had his teeth done at there vets, who is also mine. They would have also microchipped him. I know that in my area the RSPCA give help towards neutering etc, and all the rehoming centres use one particular veterinary surgery where they get discounted rates. Might be worth asking.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
When I got Charlie done I was a single mum at home, I got a voucher from Dogs Trust and it cost me £15 to get him done but I really can't remember what proof I had to provide or anything now as it was 5 years ago so not even sure if they still do it but might be worth giving them a call?

My vet informed me of it so ring your vet and ask as they will know of any schemes in your area as some things are limited to certain areas I think.

I know the PDSA do a reduced rate spay/neuter now, but again, not sure on the rules for them. My dad was registered with them with my sister's cat before she dies but he is on long term sick so I don't know what proof he had to take in, I think it was housing/council tax benefit but don't quote me on that.

If all else fails have a word with your vet to see if you can pay a bit each week? My vets are quite flexible like this especially now a lot of people are asking give the current state of the country....
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
It's worth phoning round as different vets work with different charities offering a wide variation in the cost of neutering. Some vets have a Dogstrust scheme, some get vouchers from the RSPCA etc...... Different charitable schemes have different criteria for qualification so some will give a subsidy if you receive any benefits or have a low income and for others you have to be on a select few types of benefit.

My advice is to phone as many vets as you can and ask them what financial assistance they can offer you. You'd be amazed at the difference in quotes.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2