View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Do you have the tube shaped kong or the cone sort of shape? I made the mistake of getting wiggins the tube shape which is pretty difficult to stuff, if it is that one keep that for chewing on and go buy a cone one! I use chubb sort of stuff in mine, the ingredients are sceptical but until i find something else that they love this much with better ingredients which doesn't cost the earth i will keep using it! I also give them rice, scrambled egg and leftover meat - it takes them a good 30 minutes to empty chicken packed in tight. I do want to start putting some better stuff in though and freezing them but need to think that through a bit more. Whilst wiggins was teething i froze really weak stock/gravy in his to sooth him and plugged the hole with peanut butter
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I've got the Kong biscuits too. Don't really see the point of them - Bella likes them but I just throw them for her now.

She used to adore peanut butter frozen in her Kong but 'went off it'. Her favourite now is a bit of the Primula Tube cheese squeezed in then frozen. I have 2 kongs and keep one in the freezer all the time.
Mishka Hill
New Member!
Female 

29-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the tips, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the kong biscuits, she is NOT impressed with those at all...good job they were free with the kong! Haven't got around to trying out any new fillings yet, but am definitely going to get organised and do her one and put it in the freezer. She has started to take to it a bit more now, so I think a more exciting filling will have the desired effect!
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I just put tinned meat in it or a bit of tuna (i put biscuits at the bottom as she can't get all the meat out)
She also has a wobbler though which is a treat dispenser which i usually feed her with in the evenings.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:20 PM
I found peanut butter made my pup have the most awful upset tummy.

You could soak some of your puppy's Royal Cannin Puppy Food in boiling water, wait for it to cool and then smear it in the Kong. I did that with mine, together a very small amount of carrot mixed in.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Well regarding the 'Kong Biscuits' I am so dozy when I first bought them, I put them in (with difficulty) the same way round as the shape of the Kong! Of course it was IMPOSSIBLE to get them out or get at them like that. I use the smallest size Kong and then had to manipulate the Kong (I used a hammer to help!) to smash the biscuit up. Then realised it is supposed to go in the other way and stick out like a tongue from inside it!

*really don't see the point of them at all
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I used to put kibble in first then stuff the end with a piece of cheese. I now put home made biscuits into Bailiie's kong but make sure they are wedged in at jaunty angles so she has to really work to get them out. On rare occasions I get in from work and she brings her kong to me as if to say "help, it's jammed" and she's had it all day not being able to get her goodies out .
I generally help her out at that point

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2