Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Thinking of you all Helena
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh, Helena, the growls don't sound good.

I'll be thinking of you this evening and hoping that she picks up. But, if it is now her time, at least you have had
a good few more days with her than you were expecting.
(((hugs)))
Is this a sign for me then Hali???? Oh Christ, I'm in a right old state now!! I've just offered her a cooked chicken breast and she's woofed it down, but she's just not the same. Dave is on his way, so I'll see if she moves at all when he comes through the gate, that'll be the test I think. I don't want her out there on the gravel, I want to get her indoors in her nice comfy bed in case the vet is coming. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,I really thought we had longer than this I really did. I will keep positive right up to the end, let's see how she goes when Dave gets home. Thanks Anne.xxx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
She's very, very quiet, and sort of "different" She's just lying outside, and her legs are very limp when I pick them up, her breathing is very, very slow, she's offering me some quiet growls when I bend over to kiss her now..... I've phoned Dave to come home early. Crying yet again now.

Best wishes for the evening / night ahead.

Try not to doubt yourself. Keep reminding yourself that you are doing what you know is the best for her and that you know her better than anybody else. She knows that and I've no doubt that she'll help you to know in her own way.

Thinking of you

P&K
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks Phil. I just got her inside where she headed straight for her bed, but she's very stiff all over and when she laid down she tucked her head back in her chest, I've never seen that before. She might be in pain now, although her breathing is quite normal, but I can honestly say I can't put her through much more if she stays like this. I'm waiting for Dave, but in my heart I know tonight is the night somehow. Why prolong her agony if she's going to go anyway, I just couldn't bear it if she ended up iin real pain and I had to wait for the vet, I wouldn't let her do that. This is the worst day of my life.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 06:03 PM
False alarm!!! She's perked back up again and gone out down the steps to the front garden and back up them again!!! Off to dry my eyes now then.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2007, 06:04 PM
H just remember we are with you in spirit, it could be an off day but it could be the day as well.
See how she re acts to dave, that will give you an indictor of how she is feeling.
Stray strong we are behind you all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Aitch, I know you're prepared for the worst, and just when you think it's "time" your little Princess Cassie decides she's not quite ready. Unfortunately, your emotions are in shreds, but at least she's still with you. For how long, though, is anyone's guess. Let's hope it's a while yet......

Big and gentle hugs for you all, and a special one for "itchy boy" xoxoxox
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

17-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh poor Helena. Perhaps the medication is making her tired. I hope and pray that Cassie will have a very restful evening and night as well. I hope you have a lovely quiet evening with Cassie.

Take care and will say a wee prayer for you all. xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Don't dogs put you through the mill emotionally at times?
As said before, we are all here for you, thinking of you, and hoping she has a peaceful evening.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Awwwww you lot are just the best for my spirits at the moment!!!

I can breathe a big sigh of relief, she's eaten a bit more, drunk some water, her eyes are bright again, and she's lying in our big empty lounge (it's being decorated!)on a specially made up double doggy bed, she looks like a pea on a drum in it! She's happy and relaxed (which is more than I can say for me), but I'm glad she's still with us.

Dave and I have been discussing "the day" and what we are going to do. We don't want her in the front garden with the others because that's going to be excavated quite a bit soon and there's nowhere to put her. We are going to dig up the gravel at the back of the house, in her favourite look out spot, where I can see her from the kitched windows and the french doors from the lounge, so that way she will still keep her eye on me! We are going to make it a really special place, for our special little princess, and plant a little maple tree alongside so she'll be in the shade. I really couldn't cope with having her cremated and have a casket like I've got for my horse because that would mean they would have to take her away from us and I just couldn't bear it, I want her here forever.

Thanks for the continued caring support, you already know how much I appreciate this. Let's hope it's a better day for dear Cassie tomorrow.xxx
Page 14 of 49 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »