View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I have been following this thread, and am so sorry that you are still up in the air regarding the results for little Ted.

Fingers crossed that you hear something tomorrow, and that it is good news.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Poor Ted

Hope you get the results soon, and the vet can make him better xx
janjim3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your support Lou and Bitkin, (and everyone else for that matter). Although a new member of this forum, I can see and feel the concern expressed on all threads involving unhappy events and and would like to thank you all for your support accordingly. More news tomorrow. Regards, Jim.
janjim3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2012, 02:54 PM
RESULTS RECEIVED! We had a call from our vet this morning who informed us that he has the Helicobacter virus. We have to call in at the practice to collect more anti biotics and antacids which Ted will be on for at least the next two months, also, he has food intolerances however, as he seems to have kept his lamb down better than the chicken we will continue with lamb and rice. The lamb is escalopes - I tell you he is eating better than I do!! Eating time may become a little boring for Ted over the next few months until such time as we decide to put him through the process of elimination of the food that is not agreeing with him. We intend searching the web for further information on this matter but for the meantime at least we have a diagnosis which on the face of it could perhaps have been worse. All we have to do now is wean him off of my wife sleeping on the sofa at night to keep him company whilst he was being sick. In the event that anyone out there has experienced this Helicobacter Virus in their own little darlings we would be pleased to hear of your progress. Thankyou all for your interest and comments, by the way, the vet informed us that this virus was not something that he 'picked up' or was infected with it is just one of those things that occurs in some individuals ( I use the term individuals as this virus occurs in humans as well as animals ) Best regards, Jim.
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2012, 02:59 PM
That's good news, now you know what it is and can begin treating it. No experience of that one yet but Maddison has recently tested positive for Campylobacter and is also on antibiotics. Lets hope they are both better soon. It does feel good to finally get a diagnosis doesn't it after months of worrying about them being so skinny and unwell!

Good luck

cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Glad you have got a name for it at last No experience in dogs but a friend's partner had it, he was pretty miserable but did recover with treatment. As far as I remember it was same treatment as Ted is on
janjim3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Glad you have got a name for it at last No experience in dogs but a friend's partner had it, he was pretty miserable but did recover with treatment. As far as I remember it was same treatment as Ted is on
WHAT? - Even the lamb escalopes!! Guess I'll have to contract this from Ted!! Jim.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by janjim3 View Post
WHAT? - Even the lamb escalopes!! Guess I'll have to contract this from Ted!! Jim.
Well my friend is a vegetarian who buys steaks for him so that the butcher gives her smashing offcuts for her raw fed dogs so he may well do
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Oh thank goodness for that, a diagnosis at last!! I remember my husband being tested for this, they gave us a home kit, and it was quite an intricate 5 day procedure which turned out negative, but of course, a biopsy like little Teddy had would soon show it up.

I know nothing about it in dogs, so I'm now going to be busy Googling thanks to Ted!

Hope all goes well during this long ab treatment and it clears it up eventually, and I hope he manages to keep all his lamb escallops down which must be sending the housekeeping bill up a tad My dog is the same, she will tolerate beef a lot better than chicken (especially the steak lefovers lol!), so I hope he builds himself back up quickly on good food, he's still growing remember, so he needs to sustain that growth, so hopefully, he'll soon be back on regular meals.

All the very best with him, and you too Charley with Maddison. Sadly, mine is going through another throwing up stage, but each time, I can pinpoint what it was and it's only been twice this week, and hopefully, that's the end of it for a while again. I'm still going to Google that Helicobacter though just in case!

Hope Teddy will be clear of this and able to live a normal life, and I'm sure it'll be nice to have your wife back upstairs next to you, but remember dogs CAN milk it ya know!! Good luck Jim.
janjim3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Just a quick update. Touch wood, Teddies treatment appears to be working, I do not want to tempt fate but he has not been sick for 2 weeks now and is much better in himself Only trouble is, Janet ( my wife ) is wanting to keep him on his present food 'lamb escalopes' as she does not want to risk a return to the vomitting scenario! Think that I will get our vet to chat to her as I am sure that he did not have an allergy to his previous food - chicken breast plus the fact that the lamb escalopes work out a lot more expensive I think that we have another 4 weeks to go on his medications and then we can hopefully get back to normal - what ever that is!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >